Cookies won't delete

Description of issue

Under Settings/Privacy and Security/Cookies and other site data/Sites that can always use cookies, there is a list of cookies. To the right of some of the cookies listed there, I have an icon that looks like three dots stacked vertically, and others that have a trash bin icon. If I click on the three dots icon, a menu appears and I can delete those cookies. Other cookies have a trash bin icon on the right side. With the cookies that have the trash bin icon nothing happens when I click on it. How do I delete those unwanted cookies that have the trash bin icon? I’ve tried deleting all cookies and site data, but these cookies with the trash bin icon won’t delete. No mater what I try, they won’t delete. How do I get rid of them?

I’m using version 1.45.133 Chromium: 107.0.5304.141 Official build 64 bit.
any help is appreciated.

@tropeau Usually this is because you have disabled Shields on that site. If you navigate to the site, you’ll likely see Shields icon grayed out. If you enable it again, it will move it to “never allowed” and/or you can delete it.

Thank you. That worked for most of them. I have only four remaining. They get redirected to another site as soon as I hit enter and will not delete. Example: identitysafe.norton.com get immediately redirected to norton.com. Any suggestions?

No suggestions off the top of my head. It would be a matter of having to get it to stop on that before the redirect. I think there’s a line to put into the URL for that, but I don’t even know. What I’m going to do is tag @fanboynz and @Mattches as they are ad-block and browser support. I know a while back there was talk of a fix for this issue, but I’m not sure the status.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.