Description of the issue: Cookie Banners not working/ not clickable
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Visit sites like MarineTraffic.com
    or
    in.gr
  2. Try to click the consent button on the cookie banner
  3. It is not working

Expected result: Consent button to work

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tagging @Mattches for FYI purposes.
MarineTraffic.com is one of those sites that I cannot remove from brave://settings/cookies using the trashcan icon.

@deyil Have you tried to change Shield settings? Are you able to delete cookies at brave://settings/cookies?

General info per Shield settings.

You can change Shield settings for the page. Click on the Shield icon at the end of the address bar then expand “Advanced .controls”.

I am using windows and my default shield setting is to Block scripts. If I disable Block scripts I am able to click on every banner and map option at https://www.marinetraffic.com/. You can also change the Shield cookies settings to allow all cookies.

However, in my instance, when I allowed all cookies, I was then unable to delete the cookies added at brave://settings/cookies which is a known issue for some sites.

Please provide more information on your results when changing Shield settings and if you are able to remove any cookie settings added at brave://settings/cookies after exiting the site.

Disable Easylist Cookie in brave://adblock will allow the cookie banners.

Hi

Open the site, then toggle ON/OFF Brave shield until it disappears from the list of " Sites that can never use cookies" at brave://settings/cookies

If this is in reference to not being able to remove the site from the cookie list, I tried this and it did not work for me. I did try other workarounds which removed the sites, but totally messed up all my settings and added back the old google sites problem. Eventually cleared but I have no idea why or how. I was randomly trying things without documenting. Yep, I know better, but did it anyway. lol

Though I do think my account is flagged now. Receiving NTP ads but no earnings. No notifications or inline ads (not uncommon for inline ads). Just going to wait it out for a while and see if I start receiving ads/earnings again. Other instances still working.

Anyway, just an update on my end. Cookie list clear now which makes me very happy. Don’t know why it irritates me so much to have cookies listed in the settings that I cannot delete but it does!

On the computer that I had issue if I remember correctly the shield was disabled for MarineTraffic site.

Till Brave Version 1.41.96 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) I have not issues (the laptop I am typing has this version).

Issue started with latest version Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134

So even with disabled shield or allowing all cookies banner still not clickable.

Also I cannot remove MarineTraffic cookies from brave://settings/cookies…

It is already disabled.

Test in private window mode, if I disable EL Cookie I get the following bottom banner:

(Personally I hate these Cookie banners, but each to their own)

The banner appears. This is not the problem. The problem is that the banner consent buttons are not clickable.

Today the banner buttons are working! I don’t know what changed since the Brave version remains the same?!

Nothing changed here, not sure what the issue is tbh