Converting from BTC to BAT never completed

Hello, dear Community.

I’ve been having an issue with the Brave browser for the past couple of days. I run the process for converting BTC to BAT but it has never completed, I see 3 colored bouncing balls and a loading message. Currently I have ver. 0.19.80 installed. I am with Linux Ubuntu 16.04 on my PC.

In another topic similar to this I saw that you suggested to run a command in the linux shell. Here are the results. https://pastebin.com/4hesGGMw

Command: LEDGER_VERBOSE=true brave

Thanks in advance for your time!

Kind regards!

Thanks for reporting @barryb.

Cc-ing @LaurenWags on this.

Hi @barryb

Did you have a BTC wallet prior to this? If so, do you have the BTC recovery keys?

Thanks,
Lauren

I have never touched any settings nor configured any wallets. Just
installed Brave and opened the payments options.

Thanks for the info @barryb! Could you update to the latest version, 0.19.105 and see if this is still an issue? I suspect it will be, but being on the latest version is a good idea.

Lauren

Hello, I am having the same problem. I had ~$50BTC in my wallet. I updated Brave and it has said “converting” for 2 days. Is there something I should do?

However, it flashes the BAT screen with all the site usages stats for a half second before going to the “converting” screen, so seems like a bug in what to display.

Brave: 0.19.105
rev: 51f8ba56ca1c1409ddd0620b12650bb7f81c2f79
Muon: 4.5.16
libchromiumcontent: 62.0.3202.94
V8: 6.2.414.42
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: macOS
OS Release: 16.7.0
OS Architecture: x64

Could you try this for me:
Turn off Payments via the toggle
Close Brave
Reopen Brave
Enable Payments again

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Lauren

I tried that and waited a day for the conversion. Still does the thing where it flashes the normal list of payments for a second and then goes to the 3 dots.

Hi @wulfmeister

Could you please go to ~/Library/Application Support/brave and locate your ledger-state.json file? In there you should find your ‘paymentId’. Could you please private message this to me?

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.