Conversations with Proxy / VPN providers that offer SPDY-HTTPS/2 Solutions

I created this particular topic from an off-shoot of VPN / Proxy Extensions better integrated in Brave primarily for Proxy/VPN providers and inquisitive users only after they make comments to the questions and statements.

It seems to be the most requested solution in Brave and the comments grew and grew to the extent if notable comments were made by a provider it may not have be apprehended or recognized, not from the team per say but the providers so I thought it would be suitable for the providers and so I wanted to create an off-shoot to directly as the title suggests, predominantly converse and sort of correspond with Proxy / VPN providers that offer SPDY-HTTPS/2 (which is essentially the technology behind the extensions) as a service so they can help deploy their solutions effectively.

I’d appreciate if you (Proxy/VPN providers) wouldn’t mind answering the few questions questions and statements I’ve listed below; I gave a few examples, however I would prefer your inferences as well. Thanks

• Opinions and answers to the original topic VPN / Proxy Extensions better integrated in Brave

• Things that will not be probable.
    To give you one example though others would be preferred, I remember when the first web based torrent client came out, this was several years ago, it was rather good but where it lacked was being optimized around extension VPNs. One of the providers told me that the torrent side of it bypasses the cryptographic side of things if that makes sense. I didn’t completely understand it but I knew they’d tested it and it didn’t secure the data. So it would be good to know if the current webtorrent app in Brave can function effectively in juxtaposition with a VPN

• Data that will not be secured in transit.
    A possible concern for some user which would be sometimes clicking on a link an external window would appear on top, will that be instantly secured. Another would be the initial browser startup phase.

• Will all of the behind the scene communications in about:preferences be secured too despite already being anonymous? So browser updates, Payments, Extensions (their updates as well as their communications, which also brings into question, could the VPN download its own updates and install it after restart)

• Advantages compared to other browsers
    The primary reason I crated the original topic if anybody had time to look at it was for Brave to be the best browser deploy those types of extensions in. So I would hope something significantly different is made for it to function more securely if possible and more efficiently.
    It would brilliant if you could correspond with each other in making the fork/move to Brave more efficient.

• APIs and where you can help the team (not really for the community, more so for the team and providers)

Personal curiosities:

• Regarding another extension, I read that a member of the team talked about forking a different type of extension in Brave from Firefox, so I was wondering concerning VPNs, would it be better to get the FF version or the one in Chrome.

• Will Google’s deprecation of SPDY affect your solutions?

• I thought it was absolutely relevant to the particular topic at hand and it would be brilliant if the providers could respond to figuring out who is responsible for counteracting this and if anything coherently is being done about it - Browser Extensions Disclose Personal Data

Finally, can your solutions ever be better integrated Brave like I suggest in my original topic or will it essentially be exactly the same in the end. Thanks

I might as well add that session tabs (which is quite excellent), could optionally use a VPN.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.