Muon: 4.5.38
libchromiumcontent: 63.0.3239.132
V8: 6.3.292.49
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 6.1.7601
OS Architecture: x64

I received 30 BAT from the UGP, my contribution was supposed to come out Jan 4, 2018. It now says “overdue”, I have updated my browser, I have recovered my wallet. But, I still am having no success. Are there any other suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I have the same issue. Tried restarting and all that still showing overdue.

@infinityblok - are you on Windows as well?

Lauren

@LucasWu

What do you have your Monthly Budget set to be? Also, you said you restored your wallet. If you go to Advanced Settings and click on backup your wallet, do you just see ‘a’?

Lauren

Yes, on windows. Using a surface pro. Latest brave version. My monthly budget is 25 Bat.

@infinityblok - did you restore your wallet at any point?

Lauren

No, I don’t recall doing so.

ok, could you try going to the Payments page (about:preferences#payments) and click on the gear icon (this is Advanced Settings). From there, could you click on backup your wallet button and tell me, do you see ‘a’ or words? (if you see words, don’t post them).

Also, just to confirm, you’re still seeing ‘overdue’ - your date hasn’t moved out at all?

Thanks,
Lauren

Okay, so, when I click on backup wallet I see; words. And yes, it still says ‘overdue’, there is no contribution date to a time in future.

I do have 2 sites, pinned, to whom I wish to contribute. Auto-include is off. I have even selected a few sites to not be included at all, at anytime.

Next question @infinityblok - Have you used Brave for at least 30 minutes? Or, maybe another way to ask, if you look at the table for sites you are going to contribute to (either pinned sites or you have the ‘include’ toggle on), does the amount of ‘Time Spent’ add up to at least 30 minutes?

Lauren

My monthly budget is currently set at 50 BAT. When I go to back up my wallet it now says ‘a’, previously it didn’t

No, it does not. The pinned site I am trying to contribute are just to a YouTuber and Wikipedia. I’ve spent about 8 mins on both.

Hi @LucasWu

You are being affected by this issue: https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/12672 which we are currently working to include in our upcoming release. You can follow the issue’s progress at this link.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @infinityblok

We don’t make a contribution until a user has about 30 minutes of time spent which counts towards the contributions (either ‘pinned’ or ‘included’ sites). This is because we didn’t have this threshold before and some users wouldn’t get much browsing in and felt that their contributions were being wrongly taken. Once you hit 30 minutes you should be able to contribute. However, I think you should not be seeing ‘Overdue’, I think your date should have been pushed out.

If you’re ok with this, could you wait until you hit about 30 minutes of browsing time for the sites you wish to contribute to and see if you are then able to contribute?

Thanks,
Lauren

I was having this issue previous to me recovering my wallet. I recovered my wallet to try to fix this issue. Is this the same problem that would have effected my contribution previous to me recovering my wallet?

Unfortunately I believe so @LucasWu. We’re actively working on this issue and hope to have a resolution soon.

Thanks,
Lauren

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.