Continue where you left off feature broken again

‘Continue where you left off’ feature broken again. It was working well for about 7 or 8 months after the last round of complaints about a year ago. Now the browser is continually coming up with a Brave Summary screen instead of the tabs I had open last time I closed it down. For about a month or so it was sporadically coming up with the Summary screen, over the last week it has been EVERY time I open Brave.

Version 1.10.90 Chromium: 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Linux Mint 18.3 operating system

1 Like

@Terpe,
By “summary screen”, you’re referring to the New Tab page (shown below)?

I assume that, based on your experiences so far, you’ve already confirmed you have the appropriate setting configured in Settings --> Appearance --> On Startup?

1 Like

Yes, that new tab screen is what I am referring to. I think of it as summary screen since it displays the stats on how much time and bandwidth has been saved.

Yes, Settings --> Appearance --> On Startup setting is set correctly. First thing I started checking when this problem started showing up again recently. Also checked to make sure it was set properly just before I made this post.

I know there was a bunch of people having this same issue a year or so back when I was seeing it before. I did not follow up on it then since there was a few threads on it at the time, and then the problem cleared up so I just assumed it was fixed. Looks like it is back (at least for me).

1 Like

@Terpe,
Can you check and see if you have any data set to be cleared “on exit”? Go to Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data --> [On Exit] and see if any of these boxes here are checked off.

Can you also try creating a new profile (temporarily) by going to Menu --> Create new profile and see if you get the same results with the same On startup setting set in this new profile?

All of the settings are correct so far. I have not created a new profile yet. Things have been working correctly for the last week and no settings have been changed. This is the exact same thing that was happening a year or so back, no changes made to settings, but it works one way (correctly with the browser remembering the last tabs open) for a few weeks, then one day for a week or so period every time I open the browser the new tab screen. Then after about a week or so the browser goes back to working properly for a couple weeks to a month or so.

The last round of working correctly lasted about a year and started working correctly just after the other few people that were complaining about a similar issue said their issues cleared up and were fixed on a patch. Looks like the problem is back at least for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.