Contact Us/Help Desk beacon missing on website after Brave update

I am a transcriber who works for a large company. If we have a problem with a file as we work, or anything else, we can contact Support through a beacon that can be found on the bottom right of the website. A few minutes ago, I updated Brave to version 1.1.23 and the beacon disappeared. I opened the website in Google Chrome, and it was still there. I have now spoken to two other colleagues, and the same thing has happened to them, so I know it’s the Brave update.

The beacon is a very important feature in our day-to-day work. For instance, we can receive a Christmas bonus for each file we complete if we contact the Help Desk through the beacon which has now disappeared.

The first image I uploaded is in Brave, and as you can see, the beacon is missing. The second is using Google Chrome. To reproduce the issue, simply go to the homepage of our website using Brave and then any other browser for comparison.

Thanks.

@GrumpyGoddess,
Hmm, that’s pretty strange. On my end, the Contact us icon appears as expected:

I tested using a mac but when I get home I’ll check on Windows as well. Off the top of my head (assuming it’s not a windows specific problem), you might want to

• Right-clicking anywhere on the site then select Brave --> Clear CSS rules for this site. Make sure you refresh the page after doing this if it doesn’t automatically.
  • try clearing your cache/site data for transcribeme.com and see if that shakes something loose. In the address bar: Lock icon --> Site settings --> Clear data

Clear CSS rules didn’t do anything.
Lock icon --> Site settings --> Clear data didn’t work, either.

Thanks for the suggestions, Mattches, and it would be great if you could check it on Windows when you get home.

@GrumpyGoddess,
Sorry for the late response. Looks like I can see the icon on my Windows machine too.
Going to loop in another team member for additional input.

It doesn’t show up for me on windows on the latest release of brave. But if I disable shields up, it reappears.
Version 1.1.23 Chromium: 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks for putting me on the right track. I disabled “block cross-site trackers” and the beacon showed up again. But in general, that’s not good. The added security is one of the features that sets Brave apart from other browsers. I wonder what made the Contact Us beacon okay in the last version but not okay in this build?

Thanks for all the help, Mattches. We’re zeroing in on the reason now (not that it’s good news).

Okay, fixed upstream.

Give it 24-48hrs. and site-trackers should work on this site.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s wonderful news!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.