Constant Freezing

This is my first post here on the Brave Community. I’ve been noticing the web browser is constantly freezing and nothing can be done. There’s a blank screen and you can’t even close the browser unless you ctrl alt delete -> task manager.

Have you tried the same version number of Brave on Linux? :wink:

I’ve actually reported on this issue and still waiting for a response and fix Brave Freezes Completely after a while of non usage

On my Windows install I get an inactive tab, always the 3rd one/last one

I have the same/similar issue, triggered after a certain order of actions.

Windows 7
Brave: 0.16.9
rev: fba98fcb091b3abfa18aba7c6c0db0c7aa343589
Muon: 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent: 59.0.3071.86
V8: 5.9.211.31
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 6.1.7601
os.arch: x64

How it happens: i open the browser, and my saved two tabs open. I drag the second tab infront and back of the original tab, right away. The second tab doesnt load its page, i cannot click it, i can only hover my mouse over it to show a blank white screen. At this point i am still able to type in a new adress and change the site of the main tab. If i now try to close the blank tab by pressing the X, it does not close. After doing so though, i am suddenly not able to change to any new site on my main tab anymore, nor to create any new tabs or close the browser except by closing it on the taskbar or taskmanager. Closing and opening the browser and reenacting this order of actions exactly replicates the issue for me.

Dont really need help, just a bug report.

It seems it under investigation as reported here - Brave Freezes Completely after a while of non usage

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.