Consistent periodic freezes

Description: Regardless of the site or tab, the application just freezes periodically w/c becomes very annoying to the point that it creates friction when working with multiple tabs/windows. During this time, the application does not respond to mouse-scroll (or keyboard) and then the title bar starts showing “Not responding” text. It becomes responsive after a few seconds, but this happens consistently during the entire use of the application.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch Brave
  2. Restore tabs/windows
  3. Interact w/ tab/window content (eg., scroll page by mouse or keyboard)

Actual Result:

1. Tab/window content becomes unresponsive to keyboard/mouse
  2. Window title bar shows “Not responding” text

Expected result: Tab/window content should continue to respond to mouse/keyboard w/o periodic freezes

Reproduces Consistently?
This is consistently reproduced every time in two of my machines: Windows 7 x64 Enterprise w/ SP1 & Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 1903 (Build 18362.356)

Brave Version: 0.68.139, Chromium 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Screenshot:

@albert,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Can you tell me if the machine you’re using is part of a Sync chain? If so, try removing the device from the Sync chain and see if that helps the issue.

Yes, actually all machines that are manifesting the issue are part of the Sync chain, but this issue only manifested months after they’ve been added to the chain. I’ll try to remove it and see if your suggestion helps.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.