Connecting Brave Rewards to Gemini on Android

Briefly describe your issue:
I’m not able to connect my brave rewards on Android to my Gemini account. It first told me my account was flagged (but the log showed it didn’t get a token). I reset my brave rewards completely (on my Android device), and now it won’t connect to Gemini at all; the log file says “Rewards wallet is null”.

I’m also using Brave on Windows, Linux, and iOS, and it’s fine on those platforms - all show the connection with Gemini, and show the correct account balance.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android - 1.50.114

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
I don’t think so - at least not on Android. (It’s fine on my other platforms)

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
On Android - tried it today, April 16, 2023. Other platforms since July of last year.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
On Android - no. On all other platforms, yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No - not for my Android device.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Oh - as an aside, I’d wanted to create this topic in the “android-rewards” section of the forum, but for some reason it won’t let me create topics there… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Will be able to only if from US. Gemini is supported for Brave rewards in the US only, as of now. If you are from US and have US KYC / AML for Gemini, shouldn’t have a problem.

You shoulda posted here, we coulda helped you raise a ticket and brave employee might have reinstated your profile, after resetting all previous data is lost and a new profile is created. Therefore you won’t be able to connect to Gemini if not from US.

ALso, next time try to provide more info about the issue actually.

Umm, you can’t earn BAT on iOS nor can you link Rewards to Gemini or Uphold on iOS. So it’s a bit confusing to see a claim that it shows fine on those platforms since it can’t.

• Flagged notification was on your Android? Keep in mind flagged means suspended account, as system is seeing unusual activity. Essentially it was saying you’ve violated Terms, abusing the system, and/or committing fraud.

• When you said you reset your Rewards, which way did you do that?

Just to be clear, are you just seeing this in rewards-internals? If so, I’d rather you focus on what you’re seeing when you go to your Brave Rewards menu and try to connect. I’d also like to know if anything changes if you go to Brave Rewards in your menu and then just Reset it again.

Which version of Android?

Thanks for the responses!

Yup - that’s my faux pas; I guess I’m used to it not working on iOS, so it doesn’t stand out as a problem.

I did mean to point out that I am in the right region and all that because connecting to Gemini does work on my other devices, and it’s unlikely to be something related to my home network, for the same reason (although stranger things have happened).

Yes, on Android. I’d (apparently in error) assumed that the state of my account would be the same for all devices, but it sounds like my account can be flagged on one device and not on another.

Turn rewards off, and back on.

Yeah - that was from the log. When I try to connect to Gemini it comes up with an error that states “Sorry there was an error processing your request, please try again”. Doing so results in the same. Not very informative, hence I looked at the log file as it seemed to have a little more information.

If there is a true “reset” option somewhere (on Android) I haven’t found it yet, apart from turning private ads off, and back on. That doesn’t appear to make much of a difference.

It’s FireOS 8, which I think roughly equates to Android 11. The question did spur the thought I’m probably hoping for too much, it being FireOS.

I’m going to uninstall/reinstall the app, see if that gets me somewhere closer to making this work.

Oh ha - that worked! Something must’ve gotten stuck the wrong way in my puzzling. Reinstalled the app (on Android), re-enabled sync, enabled rewards, and now it connected without a hiccup.

(Not sure if this is the right place to post this ) I am new users of brave and brave rewards. I haven’t received any rewards at all. I’ve earned a fair amount of BAT last month it’s not depositing into my Gemini Verified account. Could someone please assist me in trying to find out why the BAT isn’t being deposited into my Gemini account? It would mean a lot to me to get some or all of my BAT at some point, and I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much for your help and your time.

Are you connected to Gemini ?

Yes I was prompted to make one when i started using brave rewards it is a Gemini exchange

Okay. Raise a ticket at

Someone from the team will get back to you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.