I installed Budgie (Ubuntu), which includes chromium in the OS.
But I don’t want to use it, so I installed (over) Brave, which was kind of working until it doesn’t at all.
I tried to delete chromium from the apps, then to purge every dependencies from the terminal.
Still, it keeps on warning :
> ~$ brave > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module" > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module" > ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment. > [3829:3829:0424/170909.723855:ERROR:process_singleton_posix.cc(323)] Le profil semble être utilisé dans le cadre d'un autre processus Chromium (9250) sur un autre ordinateur (linux-leo). Ce profil a été verrouillé de sorte qu'il ne soit pas endommagé. Si vous êtes sûr que le profil n'est utilisé dans le cadre d'aucun autre processus, vous pouvez le déverrouiller et relancer Chromium.
the thing is I don’t know how to unlock the profile the message is talking about…
and I synchronised with a previous machine but am not using it anymore.
thanks for the help !
Before you post!
1. It is important that you have the right expectations for free technical support for free open source software.
For an average business day you should expect about 24 hours before your first response. For the weekend (any post after 3PM PST Friday to 11AM PST Monday) expect about 48 hours before your first response.
We totally love you, but we also have loved ones, pets, and stuffed animals we like to spend time with when we’re not making free software.
2. Did you check out our Common Issues? https://community.brave.com/c/common-issues
Clicking on that Lion in the upper-right corner and fiddling with settings is going to solve like 99% of your problems.
3. Keep It Tidy
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
4. On the Internet nobody knows if you are being funny/sarcastic/rude.
Smileys go a long way, but it’s better if you stick to the facts and say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’. Don’t swear in text, it’s a waste of everyone’s energy.
Any kind of harassment/impersonation/spam will not be tolerated. Once acknowledged. your account will be banned.
5. Help us help you. This is how we expect you to write a post:
- A. Make a meaningful title. “Clicking on the Done button 3 times crashes Brave” is much better than “Brave suddenly crashed”.
- B. A screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/)
C. A listing of:
- i. Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)
- ii. Your Brave Version. (Desktop users please copy info from about:brave using the clipboard if possible)
D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
- i. I downloaded and installed Brave.
- ii. I created a bookmark and clicked the ‘Done’ button three times.
- iii. Brave suddenly quit and my bookmark was not created.
- E. Count to 20 and re-read your post. Could someone take offense at your post? Could you say something a bit more clearly?
6. If you do not follow the guidelines above, expect to have your post edited or deleted.
We’re not trying to be rude, we just don’t want to waste energy when we could be releasing new features and bug fixes.