Confirm you're not a robot pops up for every search result

Confirm you’re not a robot shows up for every search result.

Is there any way to stop or fix this issue?

Version 1.36.122

5 Likes

I am having the same issue! What is going on?

3 Likes

I’m also having this issue. First time I’ve seen it. Actually thought it felt generic enough that it was something shady.

1 Like

It just showed up for me today. I’m having to use Vivaldi.

Hi and welcome to community for first time posters! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a community member too and really can’t help with your issue. I am using the new Brave Release 1.38.109 and the Beta version and this issue is not occurring. Are you still experiencing this issue?

From a search of the community it appears this issue was also occurring mid-year 2021 too. I posted an older topic below that had a lot of troubleshooting steps in it. Quoted first actions below but the post continues with troubleshooting suggestions you might want to try. Please post if any of these resolve the issue or provides new information.

Captcha Verification After every Google Search - #2 by Rethanis
Try after clearing cookies and cache.

1. Type brave://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar.
  2. Time rangeAll time .
  3. Select Cookies and other site data , Cached images and files .
  4. Clear data .

If clearing cookies and cache doesn’t resolve your issue, check whether using Standard fingerprinting protection will resolve the issue. You can do that via brave://shields .

1. Type brave://shields in the address bar.
  2. Fingerprinting blockingStandard .

Had to say this is also happening for me on Brave Search. I just switched to Brave search from Duck Duck Go and now I am met with this Captcha basically every search. It’s not acceptable that my searches are delayed by 5-10 seconds apiece. Unfortunately I will have to use a different search engine until this is resolved

don’t use vpn and check extensions, and clear all data

That’s a very bad solution. People have a very reasonable argument to use VPN for privacy.

Not even DDG force you to verify your navigation.

Privacy friendly solutions must be VPN tolerant. There are many other ways to prevent attacks.

Even more, you cant bypass Brave Search verification if your browser uses hardened settings. That’s unacceptable for a privacy friendly engine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.