Complaint posts spamming this forum

As someone who is new to Brave and interested in learning more and contributing to the community, I’m finding it difficult to use this forum due to repeated posts/topics from a few disgruntled users. This is the “latest” view as of today:

@moderators please could you organise these complaints into a single thread that I can mute.

Those who are complaining - if what you say is true, then it is indeed a damning indictment on Brave, and I will steer clear of the browser. However, you’re undermining the credibility of your point by spamming this forum. You may dislike/distrust the developers, but please could you spare a thought for the innocent members of the community who want to learn about the product and potentially get support for their own issues.

7 Likes

Or perhaps if they actually fixed their buggy rewards system, people wouldn’t need to complain…

1 Like

Methinks both of you are right.
Yes the system has problems that should be dealt with, yet for someone looking for answers or trying to help with technical issues, the amount of complaints gets in the way.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I keep bringing up brave and enjoying it for a while and then updates bring new bugs. Poor testing?

I’m going back to firefox again. Brave has important features, but it’s a pain in the butt. Sorry.

The problem is the support is lacking these days. If someone posts an issue important to them and it never gets looked at, they start to get angry. This is only natural. I don’t condone constant messaging on the same topic, but it is annoying the lack of service here. I posted an issue months ago, created a screen recording and it never even got looked at. Now I see the issue was closed after 30 days. Awesome. Waste of my time. I love Brave…it has a few minor bugs, but support is lacking in my experience. Things must not be going well at Brave, because a year ago I got fast responses. Please Brave, figure out a business plan where you can still provide adequate support! Love you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I agree Hutchman. The Brave Rewards sub-category Brave Support is a mess and it bleeds over into the other categories. Maybe they need sub-categories to the sub-category. Something like “Just Complaining” and “I Actually Have a Problem AND I Used the Template” type thing. They could even block people from posting in the “Real Problem” category unless they have used the template! or even have a “I verify under pain of death I have a real problem and have submitted a template as requested” verification: you have to check it or it doesn’t get posted… I can hear the screaming now! :exploding_head:

This forum is indeed an interesting place. I’m still relatively new here, although I have used brave for years but turned up because I had something I was confused about, can’t remember what now! lol but that is actually the point. I can’t remember what the issue was because I used the search box at the top of the forum when I arrived and found there was already a thread looking at the issue I was needing to answer so read it and solved the problem, I don’t think I even posted…

There is currently one community poster who frankly deserves a medal as I swear nearly every day they post pretty much the same link response to the same issue from yet another different user. Maybe if the forum encouraged the use of the search facility first before posting your problem it would improve user experience; many would get answers faster, support team time would surely be improved rather than having to type the same responses over and over, and it would hopefully also give those who are new and wanting to broaden their knowledge a clearer field in which to operate.

But then I’m also hoping for world peace, an end to poverty and an ability to understand the perspectives of other so I’m, probably, not very realistic.

Haha, yes. We would have natural desensitization of the pain of death. :joy:

lol too funny! But I hear ya. :slight_smile:

improving user experience is definitely a good idea. I don’t know why people don’t try search first. I do. And my experience has been the same: found a solution and didn’t even have to post. I use the Help Center a lot too. And I look through posts that seem similar to mine and use the Suggested Topics links! lol

Another thing they could try is aggregating the topics posted each week and post solutions to the top questions, with links, in a pinned and closed category. That might work. Don’t know how much effort that would take but over time it might help.

But there’s probably no hope for those people who just post without making an effort to use search, or the Help Center, or suggested topics or any other tool that is already available. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think I know who :joy: