Compatability with Lastpass

Hi, I use macOS 10.12.6, despise anything Google and have used Firefox for years.
Im trying Brave and am really disappointed that it doesn’t work with Lastpass. Problems so far … when I create a log in to a new site, Lastpass asks if I’d like to save this site but when I click save I get an error.
I cant go into Lastpass settings on Brave … it ask’s me to login again and if I do it still doesn’t work!

My Lastpass is set to log off after 1hr … it doesn’t do this on Brave. I am concerned that other security functions are not working either.
All of the above works on Firefox.

1 Like

@Medman,
Can you try authenticating via the Lastpass website rather than using the extension itself?

Not a bad workaround … I’ll try that, thanks brother. I do hope that doesn’t mean Brave won’t look at the bugs and fix them in time. I’m loving the speed of Brave but finding myself defaulting to Firefox for now … I run my own business and am on secure sites a lot.

First issue with workaround … I still can’t access Account Settings as it requires a password and wont accept the password on Brave. see screenshot above.

@Medman,
Do you have any data set to Clear on exit in Brave? If so, you may be clearing you session data inadvertently.

When I visit lastpass.com and login, I’m able to access my Account Settings from the website without issue. Can you right-click the lastpass extension and check Options --> General -- > Security --> and ensure that one of the options found here isn’t causing the logout issue?

Hi Mattches
Please see my response below, Thanks Clive

Mattches
Browser Support

August 2

@Medman,
Do you have any data set to Clear on exit in Brave? If so, you may be clearing you session data inadvertently.

Where do I find this data setting on Brave ?

When I visit lastpass.com and login, I’m able to access my Account Settings from the website without issue. Can you right-click the lastpass extension and check Options --> General -- > Security --> and ensure that one of the options found here isn’t causing the logout issue?

I was going via the extension / open my vault … so I tried your way, I still get caught in a login loop … I go to last pass.com / login … enter details … receive my code via last pass authenticator … enter code … and loop straight back to the log in asking me for my user password again…

@Medman,
You can find this setting by navigating Menu --> History --> Clear Browsing data --> [On exit].

:point_up: By this do you mean that you’re rerouted to the login screen on the website again?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.