Collections Feature with drag and drop (like in Edge)

I really want the Collections feature added to Brave.
The Collections feature on the new chromium edge is just so awesome. You can literally drag and drop pictures, links and what not. I just makes the browser and the experience just so much more productive like when you are doing research or working on a project. I am considering using edge as my secondary browser for project work unless this feature in added to Brave, which I hope it will.

7 Likes

I agree, it can make browsing way more interactive and it saves a lot of RAM. Other browsers besides Edge are starting to implement and perfect it. I think it’s time for Brave (including Android and iOS) to join the race. It’s a feature a lot of people would enjoy having, including me, and people who don’t care for it wouldn’t be bothered

6 Likes

212 views and 6 likes. Any way we can :heart: @Tombstone2K 's post so devs can see the demand for this suggested add-on, Brave community?

4 Likes

I’m all for Edge Collections too!

6 Likes

Also interested in this feature. Signed up just to vote on this.

I also have an interesting use case idea for this feature. Some background coming first.

I’ve always found bookmarks and favorites to be lacking because they are text-only; there is no visual representation of what the page contents are.

I use bookmarks because bookmark tags give me a shortcut to type in the address bar to get to pages I frequently access. I don’t need a menu to get to those pages because I know the tag or the url and can quickly just type it in without reaching for the mouse.

Conversely, I use the Collections feature as my actual bookmarks to get to pages I don’t access as frequently. Because of the page preview in Collections giving a visual representation of the saved page with a snippet of the page content included, it makes it easier for me to find what I’m looking for when I’m looking at a long list of pages in a menu or tree-like view.

Now for the use case idea, I have several tab groups for various different subjects, and I would like to be able to save an entire tab group so that I can close the whole group but quickly reopen all of the tabs in that group when I want to pull them all up. The idea is that I when I close all of the tabs in that group, it’ll save resources for other things I’m doing. When I want to open up those tabs, I could then find the collection, and see a thumbnail showing those tabs, and double click on the collection to reopen the whole group.

4 Likes

Bumping on this one. This is a really helpful future especially when you have a lot of windows and tabs open. Having a collection feature like that of Microsoft Edge will save a lot of RAM and will be helpful when it comes to tidying up my window. As of right now, I am using an extension just to have this feature.

2 Likes

What other browsers besides Edge?

This is a wonderful idea, and I would love it if it could be realised in Brave as well. Collections are an awesome feature!

1 Like

Brave now offers a memory saver feature, which solves my original use-case (memory consumption) however this will still be useful to me for other reasons.

This would be great to have, as I don’t like to keep windows open just to store some websites I might come back to later. E.g., holiday shopping could happen over a period of weeks/months and I don’t want to: (1) keep a window open at all times with tabs containing possible gifts, or (2) store these pages in favorites, as these are ‘fleeting’, i.e. they are only relevant for a short period of time. Collections combine these two notions of temporary storage, without the need for keeping a (mostly) unused window around.

1 Like

Yes please! It’s the only super important feature for me that this amazing browser lacks, since i use it for research, i have been trying to use the “reading list” as a collection but it’s not near as good as a proper “collections” feature. Would pretty much appreciate if you all include it in an update. :pray:t3:

1 Like

This would be such a useful feature. PLEASE INCLUDE IT! 4 years now!

1 Like

To be sure, one can use just regular old bookmarks to do a lot of the things that collections can.