Closing Tab Closes Window

Simple as the title, there are occasions when I attempt to close a tab, by hitting the X on the tab, and instead it closes the entire window. This doesn’t always occur, but it has happened enough times that I thought to post here. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to determine what is different about the times this happens compared to when the tab X just closes the tab.

This is expected if it’s the last tab, but I’m sure that’s not what you’re reporting. My best guess of what’s happening is that it’s crashing on tab close. There’s a fix coming for this in 0.13.0 which I think will solve it.

I’m seeing exactly this as well. Has happened on two separate occasions now, and just happened a moment ago. Closing one tab would close the entire window containing about 20 tabs. Restoring last closed window worked fine, but closing the tab in question (a Google search results page) would close the entire window. Closing a different tab worked though, and afterwards I could close the Google page without incident.

Mac OSX Mavericks
Brave 0.16.9
rev fba98fc
Muon 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent 59.0.3071.86
V8 5.9.211.31
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform darwin
os.release 13.4.0
os.arch x64

I am having the same issue. I have come to the conclusion that it happens when I have restored tabs from after I close the application.

Here is the scenario:
I have 3 tabs open (example: Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and google search) and have the settings to restore the tabs after closing. When I open the application back up, if you close the last tab from the restore (in example, the google search), it will close the whole window. If you close tab 1 (Gmail) or 2(Yahoo Mail), then you can close tab 3. However, if you do open more tabs (Ie, 3,4,or 5 tabs) and close them, this will still not let you close tab 3 without quitting the application (unless you close 1 or 2).

Specs:
Window 10 (updated as of 06/25/17)
Brave 0.16.9
rev fba98fc
Muon 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent 59.0.3071.86
V8 5.9.211.31
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform win32
os.release 10.0.14393
os.arch x64

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.