Description of the issue:
The 1Password extension locks whenever Brave is closed and reopened. I think it locks other times too but I haven’t been able to pin down a procedure that always locks it except to close Brave and re-open it.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Install 1Password extension.
I have version 1.22.3 installed now but I don’t think this is a new or version specific problem.
- Open Brave. The 1Password icon in the menu bar will show a closed lock symbol.
- Unlock it.
- Close Brave
- Open Brave again.
- The extension will be locked again.
The extension should stay unlocked unless the Mac is restarted. That’s what happens with Safari.
Brave Version( check
I don’t see any options in the extension’s Details page to manage unlocking. I don’t know whether the extension pays any attention to 1Password app’s settings. Its Preferences → Security page does include options to lock on sleep and several other conditions. The only one I have checked is “lock on fast user switching”.
Problem was in the 1Password extension rather than Brave. The “classic” version (4.7.x) of the extension used to lock/unlock when the desktop app locks/unlocks but the version in the Chrome Store currently (1.23.x ) ignores the desktop app. The classic version is still available in Chrome’s Store. In order to install it:
- Remove any versions of the extension that are currently installed
- Enter https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk in Brave’s navigation box.
(I don’t know why this version doesn’t show up if I simply enter “1Password” in the Store’s Search field. Found the link in the discussion at https://1password.community/discussion/comment/585279#Comment_585279.)
- Install the extension
- I’m not sure but you may have to Quit and restart Brave to get the extension loaded.
- Left-click the shaded blob “Extensions” icon second from the right end of Brave’s menu bar.
- Left-click the “Pin” icon for 1Password. (I don’t think you have to do this for the extension to autofill once you’re on a page but you do if you want to select a site in the extension and have it open the site and autofill all in one step.)