[Closed] Unable to install Windows 7 x64

I had been using Brave for some time. Lately, it would not load whatever home page I wanted, but would load a file on my computer. I tried uninstalling it, but files were left. I deleted them. I then tried a new installation, which failed.

Would it help anyone to see the error log? It’s pretty long. The file name is SquirrelSetup.

Any help will be much appreciated.

When you say “load a file”, do you mean brave.exe?
If so, change the properties of the shortcut you start Brave up with. It should look like mine apart from having your username in it.
C:\Users\Ross\AppData\Local\Brave\Update.exe --processStart Brave.exe

Regards
Ross

Hello, Ross

Thanks for responding. I deleted every trace of Brave, including the updater, and reinstalled from scratch. Problem solved.

Loreto

Hello, Tim

Thanks for responding. I deleted every trace of Brave, including the updater, and reinstalled from scratch. Problem solved.

Loreto

Hi Loreto,

I just gave your approach an honest try doing following steps:

• deinstalled Brave through windows
  • deleted all files in on this path: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\brave
  • installed Brave

Unfortunately it still does not work.

The autorun of brave immediately after the installation works and I can use the brave-browser but after I closed it once, I cannot open it again. It crashes immediately.

Maybe someone has an idea? Are other files saved anywhere else which I should delete manually before installing brave?

Thank you!

Tim

[Closed] Does Not Launch

Sorry you did not have better luck. I wish I knew the answer.

Loreto

How about this?

1. Shut down the browser
  2. Back up C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\brave (copy the browser to Desktop, for example)
  3. Delete C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\brave
  4. Start the browser

If it works, you could try these steps to restore the data:

1. Shut down the browser
  2. Copy session-store-1 from the the backed up folder into the new C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\brave
  3. Start the browser

If this does not work, something seems to be wrong in the browser or the data files.

Hi suguru,

I did what you suggested but it didnt help.

Could you elaborate on this sentence: > If this does not work, something seems to be wrong in the browser or the data files.
(could it be connected to my configurations and what could I do?)

Thank you!

Hi Tim,

I noticed there was another report which claimed the same issue. I think the browser itself could have an issue, although I am not sure what it could be :disappointed:

I think @brian or @clifton would let you know what it is.

Thanks,

@Timonson

It seems your initial install worked fine, it’s just relaunching it. Can you share details about the shortcut you use to launch it? Basically just right click your shortcut, pick properties, and then share what’s in the “Target” field

We’ve had issues with our installer recently and the shortcut may be broken.

You should be able to work around the issue completely by opening the appropriate Brave version up (ex: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\brave\app-0.12.15\Brave.exe for example)

Closing this in favor of Browser window disappears at launch after latest update