Clicking on a Shopping Link from Google search produces no response

When doing a simple google search on a particular product, sponsored/recommended links to merchants will appear. As soon as I click on any one of those links, the hypertext just disappears and nothing happens. Might I have accidentally disabled shopping link redirect at some point? If so, how do I re-enable it?

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Type in any product i.e. De Buyer Pan in Google Search
  2. Click on any shopping link returned from the search
  3. Browser should direct me to that merchant/shopping link but nothing happens except the hypertext completely disappears so that I can’t even manually open the link

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Hey, trying to debug this. If you can guide me on how to reproduce this

1 Like

Thanks for trying it out! I don’t know how to record clicks like that, but after you get the search results and click on the first picture (the $43+) one on the left, I actually get a panel on the right right side like this:

Then, when I click on let’s say the first one Wayfair, the hypertext disappears and nothing happens:

This doesn’t happen ALL the time, but enough to be extremely inconvenient. And sometimes certain links (like Amazon) might work and others not, and sometimes all work or none works.

Here’s another one with some links randomly working and others just “disappear”. Note the first link to Apple and third link to B&H worked but the second one just disappeared after clicking on it and browser did not take me to the merchant page.

If nobody has brought this up at all, is it something in my settings? This has been going on for a while and it seemed to have happened suddenly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.