Clicking links in Slack doesn't work

I set Brave as my default browser to help improve it, but now when I click a link in Slack (www.slack.com) it doesn’t open the browser or create a new tab if there is an opened Brave window. I am currently copying the links and pasting in Brave.

With Chrome as the default browser it works every time.

Hi @rcteske

Could you please provide information as per the guidelines below?

Thanks,
Lauren

@rcteske which version number of Brave and which operating system are you using?
I’m currently testing our latest preview build (0.17.3) and it’s working fine.

Hi, sorry for the delay to answer, I switched back to Chrome, had to set the default to brave again on Windows 10.

Brave: 0.16.9
rev: fba98fcb091b3abfa18aba7c6c0db0c7aa343589
Muon: 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent: 59.0.3071.86
V8: 5.9.211.31
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 10.0.15063
os.arch: x64

I just checked for updates and tried again, no luck.

No worries, that’s a preview build so it should be fixed when we ship it. (hopefully this week, might roll over to next week depending on bugs)

On mac and I’m using version 18 and it freezes when I watch video on certain websites and when you hover over the lion icon in the upper right it flashes quick and then won’t let you turn it back on. The dropdown never appears again. I restarted and still issues. This is the buggiest browser I’ve sever used. Very frustrating.

the performance issue has been recognized. it’ll be fixed in a future version.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.