Clearing erroneously saved username/password

I’ve made mistakes entering my login details for my bank and now I get a pop up to the right of the username window with a list of all the erroneous attempts. They are incorrect but someone could guess the correct one so I want to remove them. Please help, I’ve tried clearing browsing data etc and password in auto fill but this hasn’t worked.

Hello @Naseby, thank you for contacting us. What kind of device and OS do you have? Are you getting any error message? Can you please share a screenshot so we can have a better understating and further investigate this issue.

Regards.

I’m using an Apple Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1. No I’m not getting error messages I just get a drop down/pop up box listing the 3 erroneous attempts I’ve made in the past to enter my ID number into my bank login.

Hello @Naseby, thank you for replying. Try deleting cookies and cache for that specific site, Please follow the steps on this thread:

Let us know if that resolves your issue. Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I think it would take me a long time to go through my entire Brave history looking for the 3 times I incorrectly entered my user ID so I can delete it. I don’t think it’s that important to spend the hours that would take. I hoped there was a simple solution other than clearing the cache and deleting cookies which I’ve done and it didn’t work. I may just have to just stop using my banking site on Brave.

I just constantly clear my history, including passwords. You can do this in Settings for history on the browser. If it still doesn’t work, uninstall and reinstall the browser.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.