Clear Data When Exiting

A minor request, but similar to Firefox, it would be useful to have an option to clear certain data (cache, cookies, history, etc.) upon exit of the browser or the tab. It would allow more granular control than simply defaulting to incognito mode.

Also, I have noticed that once the cache gets larger than about 100 megs or so, it takes Brave longer and longer to start loading new pages when clicking on links on other apps. So it would be useful if the cache could be automatically cleared when closing individual tabs or the browser entirely. If I manually clear the cache, load times go back to normal. Thanks!

Delete History/Cache/Cookies on exit

A minor request, but similar to Firefox, it would be useful to have an option to clear certain data (cache, cookies, history, etc.) upon exit of the browser or the tab.

You can clear your data when you close the browser by

1. Edit on the menubar
  2. Preferences
  3. Security

Then you can select which type of data you would like to clear.

Hope this help :slight_smile:

I believe you are referencing the PC version, there are no such options in the Android version.

My bad, yes I was. Sorry :frowning:

I created a feature request for that

We are going to work on it soon.
Thanks.

Excellent! Thank you @Serg

Thank you, I also like the browser wipe for PC very much. I have had problems with identity theft and currently trust no one.

I am new to Brave, but used Firefox for years. I appreciate anyone who stands up for themselves (Brendan Eich).
I really feel like we are at a bad point of intolerance in America by the ones who say they are being wronged. I feel like I can’t just be neutral. If someone is not 100% onboard with these SJW’s then that person automatically becomes a whatever-a-phobe, etc., etc., that they decide to brand the person. I digress.

Thank you Brave!

I think it’s maybe similar with feature in desktop version.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I did find that and yes it does work. Yay!
There are a few subtle nuances with Brave to learn but I think I’m going to like it. I will be an advocate and spread the word. I did not donate to Firefox this year either :).