"Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave" deactivates itself 2

I am reopening this as it is not really solved. The solution provided here "Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave" deactivates itself does work but the problem remains: the toggle “Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave” should do what it says.

Also, when the “Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave” toggle was working, I could put domains in the “Allow” section and those would remain when closing Brave (all the others would get cleared). With the proposed solution ALL cookies are deleted when closing Brave.

@multiforme,
Thank you for your vigilance on this issue – nice title too :slight_smile:
So I found that we actually do have an open issue for the Clear cookies and site data when you quit brave toggle:

It looks like we’ll be addressing this shortly – however if you note the last comment on the thread (at the time of writing this anyway), I’ve added some additional details about the difference between the toggle option and the [On Exit] option, suggesting that we only need one (as long as they both allow for manual exceptions to be …well, excepted, from being cleared).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.