Claiming BAT grant did not work from mobile

Description of the issue:
I am using Brave on an Android device. A couple of days ago, when I opened the browser, I noticed that BAT support was added. I clicked through to create my BAT wallet. I think it succeeded but I am not sure where I can confirm that. I just created the wallet, I didn’t add any funds to it. Today I saw there was a token grant, and I tried twice to claim it. Both times the progress wheel kept spinning and claiming the token didn’t complete.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. From the address bar, clicked the triangle which had a notification about the token grant
  2. That popped up a small window to claim
  3. After clicking claim, it didn’t complete

Also,

1. From the home screen there was also notification of the token grant
  2. I clicked claim from there and it also didn’t complete. Just the progress wheel kept spinning.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Token was not claimed

Expected result:
Expected to claim the token

Reproduces how often:
I only tried twice.

Brave Version(about:brave):

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):*
Yes

2 Likes

Same problem I have described in this thread. Apparently this is a reoccurring bug and is not fixed.

@CarlK Would you please name the device and OS you have encountered this problem with.

2 Likes

Not that it helps you CarlK -
I had a free token a few days ago and managed to claim it fine on my device.

48 16

What would happen if you either updated the app at a later stage or reinstalled from playstore? would you lose the grant?

2 Likes

Wallet backup is only support on desktop but not on mobile device. So if you delete and reinstall Brave on mobile device your wallet will be lost.

1 Like

Hope I dont face this problem when Brave push out an update in the playstore…

1 Like

Since you can also not add real money to the wallet on mobiles your losses would be effectively zero.

1 Like

The problem occurred on a Google Pixel 3 running Android 9, build PQ2A.190405.003

1 Like

Same issue here. On Oxygen OS 9.0.4.

1 Like

The notification appeared again today, and I tried to claim the token again. This time it worked.

1 Like

Mine is also stock but with join rewards on mobile

2 Likes

Same problem here …

Brave version 1.0.91
Android 9; Pixel 3 Build/PQ2A.190405.003

1 Like

Same problem, clicked claim. Waited a few minutes and nothing happened. My screen turned off and the notifcation with grant was completely gone.

Note 8, Android 9

1 Like

Same problem. Got the notification twice on Facebook, both times claiming shows a weirdly laggy loader for a while and nothing happens. No way to retry either.

OnePlus One, ArrowOS (Android 9).

1 Like

Same issue here but on desktop. Latest version of Brave running on Windows 10. Went to claim and would not allow. Now I am no longer to even see the the claim button, afraid I lost my grant.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, Galaxy Note 8 Android 9. I’ve had multiple notifications to claim my BAT token and each time it just loads for a minute and fails. I’m afraid I’ve lost at least three claims so far :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.