Claim gives "Oops, something went wrong"

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Click claim from top right icon

2. “Oops, something went wrong” message appears and the app crashes

3. Click claim from the “Brave Rewards” page

4. The app appears to claim BAT, crashes, then still isn’t claimed on reopening

Expected result:

Claim completes and adds BAT to wallet

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave 1.19.86

Mobile Device details

Huawei P40 Pro

Additional Information:

Currently there’s 7 months of outstanding claims within the app

1 Like

Did you verified your wallet with uphold??

1 Like

This wallet isn’t verified with uphold, this one has about 3 BAT inside although with the claims it would have about 20

1 Like

I think the bats can only be claimed on payment days

1 Like

There’s multiple claims waiting in-app from previous month’s that should be claimable

Contact @steeven about your problem

@arranf,
Is your device rooted and/or does your device pass the Safteynet check? Additionally, these claims will expire after 90 days – so if you’re trying to claim BAT earned from 90+ days ago they will fail.

1 Like

It’s not rooted, it does use microg so I’ll need to see if that affects it, but I use microg + YouTube Vanced on several devices and the rest can all claim successfully.

Is it from a lack of Google services on Huawei?

1 Like

@arranf,
Yes that’s almost certainly what it is. I didn’t read your initial post correctly and missed the device type. Yes, Google play services are required at this time for Rewards to work.