Claim button does not work

Whichever the number of times I reload the page, the result remains the same: no claim button in brave://rewards and the claim button from the rewards menu keeps being with no effect.
I’ve tried on android, and I finally manage to get some BAT available for a short period of time, but I went a bit disappointed too: they go in again an other wallet than the one on Windows, despite the fact the two brave navigators are in sync. – but that’ another story.
My main concern is still this Windows 10 Brave Navigator unable to claim the awarded tokens.

Have you tried the workaround to create a new “person” profile and then switch back to the old one and check the reward page?

Does it work for you now?
@Pear @Sunyata
If not did you try exactly the steps I said before? not just creating a new profile but also coming back to the old one and check the rewards page at brave://rewards

I tried reloading several times on the first profile, didn’t work. Created another profile, which shows no token grant notification whatsoever, then went back to the first profile and checked the rewards page again, reloaded again, didn’t work. Been checking frequently but nothing has changed.

Can you please give information on your browser version?

Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Same thing for me. Creating a new Person didn’t fix the issue on the first Person, even after waiting several days, refreshing, etc.

The same thing’s happening to me on my Windows 10 PC with this version of the browser: Version 0.65.120 Chromium: 75.0.3770.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And everything is OK on my other Windows 10 PC and on my Android phone. I tried everything you guys said here, and it hasn’t been solved.

It’s not working here either. This has happened to me before and I accidentally discarded the tokens last time, trying to figure out how to claim them. Now I’m just waiting, hoping it somehow fixes itself so I can claim them. It’s quite an annoying bug.
Version 0.66.99 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@gsarvadnya @Mattches
And again with the latest version it doesn’t work to click the claim button.
When I open a new account it works again. But this doesn’t make sense, then I will have 3 accounts.
How to solve this without creating another account?
Version 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142 (64-Bit)

@enum,
I’d like to get a bit of information on what’s going on in the background on your end. Would you mind launching the browser from the terminal using the following command:

/Applications/Brave\ Browser.app/Contents/MacOS/Brave Browser -enable-logging=stderr

Make sure you keep the terminal open as it will produce data logs that we’ll need to see. Copy/Paste/share these logs and we can take a deeper look into the issue.

I don’t have MacOS. How to do this on Windows 10?

In Windows 10, click Start, then search for and run Windows Powershell. Enter the following command:

cd C:\'Program Files (x86)'\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\ 

This lands you in the brave.exe directory. Then enter:

.\brave.exe --enable-logging=stderr

This should launch the browser and output a ton of debug info in the Windows powershell terminal.

1 Like

C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application>.\brave.exe --enable-logging=stderr

C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application>[9976:26176:0727/001047.127:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(21)] Unable to move the cache: Access denied (0x5)
[9976:26176:0727/001047.128:ERROR:cache_util.cc(141)] Unable to move cache folder C:\Users\bravi\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\ShaderCache\GPUCache to C:\Users\bravi\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\ShaderCache\old_GPUCache_000
[9976:26176:0727/001047.130:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(178)] Unable to create cache
[9976:26176:0727/001047.131:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(623)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[9976:19968:0727/001047.238:WARNING:pref_notifier_impl.cc(36)] Pref observer for browser.relaunch_notification_period found at shutdown.
Will open in actual browserwindow

@Mattches @gsarvadnya
Does it say anything important??

Are you still there lol @Mattches

@enum,
So sorry for the late reply – to confirm, you’re still experiencing the exact same issue?

Yes, even though I have now the latest version again.
It just does not get better.
Version 0.68.132 Chromium: 76.0.3809.132 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

So today I should have the new rewards from September but now I don’t even have the claim button anymore.
And the rewards from August disappeared completely. I could not claim it. This is strange.

edit:
I could claim it now, but I did not receive my full amount!
The BAT from august disappeared, and the ones I could claim from september (I had 7 BAT) only partially. Only 4 BAT transfered to my wallet!

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Made a post, never got a response from the team. I love Brave, but it seems they’re not responding anymore to a lot of the complaints about the ad system. Very concerning.

1 Like

@enum,
The BAT grants that are given freely by Brave are limited in number – that is, once that [finite] sum is claimed, a[the] grant notification in the address bar you see will be “invalid” as it’s technically no longer available (it’s expired). This likely explains why you were unable to claim Grants from August.

Can you elaborate a bit on why you think you didn’t recieve the appropriate amount of BAT when you did (recently) successfully claim a BAT grant?

Hi

I am having the same issue on android. When i click the claim button it never finishes spinning.
Now Septembers rewards are gone.

What can I do to fix this? If i uninstall and reinstall won’t all of my data/settings/rewards disappear?

1 Like