Chromebook compatibility

Can I install Brave on Chromebook?

Yes.
This would be a big plus, as Firefox doesn’t run on chromeOS and that is a crippling disadvantage, as often, there are compatibility issues or other problems with Chrome browser, and there is no other browser on a chromebook, so Brave would be a great benefit.

Well I Guess I can install Android version of app.

@chulohock I haven’t tried it. Does it work?

Have not purchased Chromebook as yet. My understanding though is that latest models can run Google Play Store and hence Android apps.

I see several other browsers at the chrome web store.

@Dude - so you’re saying that Brave isn’t available in the Chrome Web Store, correct?

What about the Google Play Store? I believe that can be accessed from a Chromebook to allow install of Android apps.

But op asked “Can I install Brave on Chromebook?”. Google play store will only install on Androids.

Not sure if I understand this correctly, but I recently installed Flint OS (based on Chromium OS) on a RPi 3B, and there one can only install “apps” via the browser, meaning that all your “apps” are monitored/run by Chrome. I immediately uninstalled it.haha

I’m pressuming this is the same for Chrome OS?

I wouldn’t know. If you could it would have to be the android version unless you hack it or something.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.