Chrome Apps accessible in Brave?

Description of the issue: I’ve installed an App from the Chrome Store. In Chrome, this is accessible from a new tab if I click on the “Apps” button on the toolbar. (See screen shot from Chrome.) I cannot find anything like this in Brave.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): Install an app from the Chrome Store; try to access it.

04%20AM

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): I can install the app, but there’s no way to access it. If there is a way, I’m unable to find this. It’s listed under “Brave Apps” in the Extensions settings, but I’m unable to do anything with it.

Expected result: Be able to access the app icon from somewhere in the browser other than in the Extension listing.

Reproduces how often: 100% of time.

Operating System and Brave Version: macOS 10.14.4; Brave Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: App I’m trying to access is the Amcrest View app, a security camera config tool. I would imagine this applies to any app that’s installed from the Chrome store, however.

Thanks in advance for the help!

@boomerhead,
Welcome to Community! :tada:
This issue with web apps is currently known and being worked on by the team:

We’ve had several users report this not working and it currently has P2 Priority (second highest) – so this should be fixed sooner rather than later, although I can’t give you a specific date.
Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.