Choosing a password for autofill with Brave Password Manager

I am starting to use Brave on macOS and iOS (iPhone and iPad) but I have a problem with passwords. I want to use Brave password manager (not iCloud Keychain). Sometimes I have multiple accounts on one site. Everything works fine on macOS, I can choose which account to log in with. Unfortunately, on iOS one of the accounts is automatically filled with no choice.
How to choose which account to fill in the login details for the iOS version?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Save two or more accounts for one login page.
  2. Open login page on iOS.

Expected result:
Displaying a list of logins and passwords for autofill.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.44 (22.10.17.18)

Mobile Device details
iPhone SE and iPad 9 gen

Additional Information:

1 Like

Hello there @adik0nda, let me kindly inform you that on iOS, passwords are handled on your device keychain – to see stored passwords on iOS, open you iOS device and go to Settings --> Passwords & Accounts --> Website & App Passwords.

There you will be able manage your passwords and select which account you would like to use when log in.

Let me know if that works.

You are wrong, you can choose which password manager to use. Since my iPad is used by two people, I don’t want to use a device keychain, but prefer to use Brave’s built-in password manager. And that’s how it works, passwords from the Brave password manager are filled in. Unfortunately, if several logins are saved for a given page, there is no option to choose which login information to fill in on the page.

1 Like

Hello again @adik0nda could you please try deleting your apps cache to see if you are promoted to select with which account you would like to log in to while using Brave on pages where you have many log ins?

1. In Brave, open the main menu, then Settings → Privacy. Note: You can also select Menu → History → Clear browsing data
  2. Select Clear browsing data

Let me know if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.