Choose Canada, loose customization feature

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Select Canada as country of residence when the pop up asks you
    2.scroll news feed, see news feed has added many channels that were not previously chosen
    3.Click on customization button

Expected result:
brave shuts down
Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.46.134 official build 64 bit
Additional Information:

@Trace can you tell me more about your issue? Is the browser crashing after adjusting your country?

Hi Steeven;
The issue started after I got a pop up telling me to adjust to my country, which I did. After that adjustment (Canada) Brave filled my newsfeed with lots of channels that I had not chosen. When I push the customize button, the popup (looks different than before) pops up and then Brave shuts down) I have been using Brave as my main browser for over a year now. I have never experienced a problem like this.

So to re-cap. After choosing Canada as my country (because I got a pop up telling me to do so, I thought it might have something to do with Brave crypto rewards) My news feed independently filled with News sites not asked for. When I tried to use the customize button to remove sites I am not interested in, the pop-up window that looks different from the one I had prior to adjusting my country, opens and within a few seconds my entire Brave browser shuts down.
This has been going on for about a week, I guess. I have found no other issues while using the browser.

Thanks for looking into this.

Tracey

HI @Trace - is this still an issue for you or have the latest updates helped? Thank you.

Hi Steeven;
I don’t get booted any more, but I can’t remove sites that I don’t want on my feed.
Thanks for responding.
Tracey

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.