Check Boxes + Associated Content Vanishing

Now on multiple sites, check boxes (and surrounding content) are loading, then quickly vanishing.

First noticed this some time ago on Audizine.com, an older forum site I use daily. Top left of any page next to ID / PW login boxes, there’s a check box (Remember me). When page loads, the entire login block is there for a split second then vanishes. Chalked this up to Audizine being an older site that may need some updates but still reported anyway as broken, NBD. Have tried running Shields Off with no success. Assumed this was behavior unique to this site until yesterday.

While attempting to process an order on USPS.com, kept getting an error in the checkout process requesting that I approve Terms and Conditions, but couldn’t find any place to do so. Switched over to Safari, then logged into my account and went to the exact same cart page. Sure enough, it’s missing a check box and associated content.

Screen caps using Brave and Safari, without and with.

To reiterate, for both instances this behavior occurs with Shields up or down.

Brave is up to date
Version 1.30.62 Chromium: 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) dev (x86_64)

Thanks to everyone involved in making Brave the finest of browsers.

I’ll need a better step-by-step to reproduce this, from audizine.comusps.com No clue how to reproduce this.

On Audizine.com you should only need load the page up in Brave and another browser of choice to compare as the login block appears for all users.

Were you able to replicate the behavior?

Sorry for the quick response, so it’s only in the login process? browsing the site in general seemed okay.

All good Ryan.

Your question prompted me to do some more diligence on my end…created a sterile environment in my Win10 VM… loaded the site in both Brave [(Version 1.29.79 Chromium: 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (64-bit)] and Edge. Both showed the login block on Audizine.com.

Back to my daily driver Mac version. Started toggling extensions… I can’t believe I neglected to try that.

Here’s the offending party…makes check boxes and associated content vanish.

Cookie Notice Blocker

Uninstalled, problem solved.

Please close this out, thanks for your time.

1 Like

Install Easylist Cookie via brave://adblock if you dislike cookie notices

Oh that’s perfect, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.