Chat Support Popu Window Blocked

I keep forgetting that Customer Support Chat Windows keep being blocked on this browser. How do I disable it per site and not globally? Main issues are with Amazon, and Ubisoft support. This happens I end up having wasted time, only to have to start the process over again in a different browser. This has been an issue for as long as I’ve had Brave. 2 years or more maybe?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Click CS Chat in Ubisoft or Amazon, wait for rep, and then be greeted with a message saying the chat windows was blocked and to try again.

Expected result:
Expect it to allow Customer Service Chat window to pop up since it isn’t an ad or spam of any sort.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

Additional Information:

You can configure Brave Shields on a per-site basis via the icon in the address bar. I suppose those chat windows are being blocked due to the blocking of ads and trackers, so you should try the following: go to those websites → click on the Brave Shields icon in the address bar → click on Advanced view if you don’t see any options → change Trackers & ads blocked to Allow all trackers & ads.

@fanboynz is there anything that can be done so those windows can continue working without disabling blocking of ads and trackers?

But I don’t want it to allow trackers and ads. Customer Service Chat Windows are neither those two things. I already looked in that section, and there is nothing in there for just popup. Only as you said aloow trackers and ads.

Blocking ads & trackers prevents certain scripts from executing. That’s why I suggested trying disabling that.

When the popup is blocked, does it show a icon in the url bar? (this comes from Chromium)

1 Like

No, in tonights example I submitt ticket in Uplay Client. Then after waiting for someone to intiate the chat, I’ll get the message in the client saying that the Chat Windows was blocked by Brave browser. I’ll go to the browser then, and no Uplay windows is even open to get any additional settings since it completely blicks the company from trying to communicate with me.

Possible to screenshot the issue? and does allowing “ads and trackers” in shields help?

I can’t get any screenshots until I reach out to Uplay again when they are open tomorrow. As for the ads and trackers question. I am not willing to allow those things through. Kind of defeats the purpose of choosing a browser that blocks that stuff. If I need to do that, then I may as well go back to my old browser.
I do appreciate your help, but I guess I’ll just have to keep trying to remember to use Vivaldi when I need Customer Support Chat Winodws to be functional.

Just to give us an idea if its a list issue, you can turn on the ads/trackers afterwards :slight_smile:

I understand that, but there are two problems with that. 1. If I already forget half the time to use a different browser when trying to request help, then it’s likely the same will happen trying to remember to toggle off the tracker. 2. I don’t get the window in Brave to modify it when I contact Ubisoft Uplay chat. The blocked message comes up in the client because it was prevented from opening the window in Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.