Changing which uphold account is attached to brave publisher account?

I like the minimal design of the publisher portal but I can’t understand why we can’t change our attached uphold account. This isn’t a problem currently but I imagine it would be useful in the future.

Thanks for the feedback @Chugwig,

Yep, currently there’s no button to disconnect/change Uphold account from publishers dashboard. But there’s an issue logged for this. I added your +1 and it’s tracked here

Best,
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Chugwig

While there is no built in functionality as of yet, you can effectively change out your Uphold account following these steps:

1. Log into the Uphold account you’d like to be disconnected
  2. Navigate to https://uphold.com/dashboard/profile/applications/authorized, and unauthorize the “Basic Attention Token” application
  3. Sign out of Uphold
  4. Sign in to your desired Uphold account
  5. Go to your publishers dashboard and click “Reconnect To Uphold” and wait a few seconds

Try that out and let me know how it goes.

For the sake of understanding the needs of our users, could you tell me why you have two Uphold accounts?

Best,

Nick

2 Likes

@nvonpentz Thanks for the advice and I’ll look into my options now that I have them. The question was originally just focused on knowing in the future I’ll want more accounts, not so much on a current need. As for why, I feel that for tax purposes it would be helpful to have income coming into an uphold account which I can then withdraw or send to an ethereum wallet and it’s all properly grouped. I probably wouldn’t actually have multiple accounts, I just wouldn’t want to use my personal Uphold that I use when I put money into my wallets.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.