Change/Customize/Blank New Tab Page

feature-request

Description

Users frequently ask how or request the ability to change the default Brave New Tab Page in some way. This includes (but not limited to):

• Changing NTP to a “Blank” page
  • Changing NTP to a specific site/URL
  • Customizing NTP elements (turn off auto-adding tiles/increase number of tiles, change position/layout of elements, turning block count on/off, choose background images displayed/disable background images, etc)

Solution

There is no “solution” to this currently. This feature may seem “standard” or “easy” to implement but there’s a great deal of care and consideration that goes into a feature like this - and that’s not including the work required to make the design intuitive and the feature set robust enough to suit as many users needs as possible.

That said, we are working on new design ideas and features internally. We hope to have more information on the status of this soon. As always, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Workaround

While we don’t have our built-in NTP fully implemented yet, if you can’t live without it, you do have the option to use any extension that alters the New Tab Page in the interim.

After installing your preferred extension, the New Tab Pages should take place immediately. If you’re unable to get the extension you’d like to use to work in Brave, please don’t hesitate to open a new topic and submit a support request in the Support and Troubleshooting category.

Relevant Links and Community Threads

Links:
How do I install extensions (Help Center)?

Similar Community Threads:
Dashboard Enhancement
Open Pre-configured Website on New Tab
Empty New Tab Page
Annoyed by Dashboard

3 Likes
Turn OFF the "Top sites" on New Tab Page
"New Tab" customization
How to create NEW dashboard items?
New Tab Options
New tab page options?
Turn OFF the "Top sites" on New Tab Page
Dashboard Enhancement
Chrome theme works for tab color scheme, but no theme image on google page like usual
Google themes/wallpaper change
How can I add shortcuts and change my theme?
Change the Open home page background
New tab page options?
Home Page Thumbnails
Annoyed by Dashboard