The Certificate Viewer is blank when inspecting certificate details. If you wait about 9 seconds the information does eventually appear.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Navigate to an https page with a valid certificate
- Click the lock icon in the address bar
- Click Connection is secure
- Click Certificate is Valid to see certificate details
- The window that appears says “Certificate Viewer: nameofwebsite.com” at the top but the rest of the details are blank for several seconds (about 9 seconds)
The certificate details should appear immediately with the viewer window.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)
This is only happening on a single Windows 10 computer in my fleet of 50. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Brave but the problem persists. I have not removed any values from the registry or any other temp files aside from what the uninstaller itself removes.