CCleaner not cleaning the history of brave browser

I just wanted to know more on this. Usually cleaning by CCleaner in Windows 10 clean history of browsers (Firefox, Chrome and even Vivaldi). But Brave browser history is not cleaned by CCleaner. Is there anything I am missing here.

Thanks
Nellai
Using latest release version.

Brave: 0.23.34
V8: 6.7.288.46
rev: a47171894a26b74c84fdfc1f604c16144b36be52
Muon: 7.1.6
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 67.0.3396.103

Hi @nellaiseemai,

Are you trying to clear the entirety of you browsing history or just cookies?
And are you intent on using CC Cleaner to clean your browser history because of convenience (having one program that does all the work with no extra steps - like clearing browser history/cookies through Brave itself) or is there something you’re unable to do with the options Brave provides?

I clean browser history + cookies my self from the option given in the browser. I rarely use CCleaner to clean browser history. But I use it to clean my system once in a month or so. At that time it cleans browser history as well. Many people I know of use CCleaner to clean browser history as well. So I just wanted to inform the community that CCleaner is not cleaning Brave browser. I am not sure whether this is intentional by Brave browser or something wrong with CCleaner with respect to Brave browser. That is why I asked the question.
Since the standard protocol is browser history will be cleaned by CCleaner for all browsers it looks strange why it does not do so for Brave browser.
Thanks
Nellai

I imagine it’s because cc cleaner isn’t entirely sure where we store history/cookie information. For now, I’d stick with clearing your history/cookies via Brave itself :slight_smile:

Thank you for reaching out!

Brave Browser Data Erased