Case that make wrong sponosor image count

Hello Everyone

hope that everything going fine with all of you

here how to produce this bug and it happen only for the sponosor image one

1. use brave as normal use and open new tab
  2. once you get sponosor image (call it ads 1)and it from your catalog it will count as expected
  3. now keep using brave normal till the end of the day
  4. on the next day if there are spnosor image (call it ads 2)that also from your catalog and let assume that the 2nd tab or 3rd tab will have sponosor image sometime it show the image from the previous date (ads 1) even if it the day for ads 2 and of course it get counted but for the wrong ads which in that case ads 1
  5. keep using brave as normal it will show the right image ads 2 and count also the right one

it just happen for the first ads and also if there 2 days after each other that has image for your calatog

check those image to show what i mean

using brave version
Version 1.23.71 Chromium: 90.0.4430.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

on linux centos 8.3

thanks for your time and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is still valid on
Version 1.23.75 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and there another issue related this
this issue related to the timezone

now let us produce it

1. use brave as normal and get the normal 20 limit sponsor image ads during the day
  2. if the clock pass the 12 in midnight then you will stay see the same sponsor image i know that cause the reset time of server is different than user time zone
  3. that will make this image count even it should not be the day to be show up
    4)this count despite the new day image will be from your catalog or not
  4. i think that could be solved by make the image limit to be per 24 hours not per day

hope that help to solve that if that not allowed at first
and have a nice day :slight_smile:

this

solved by the following update

Version 1.24.82 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

will check the first issue if it solved by this update or not

ops sorry to early it does not solved
this still valid

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.