Can't view LastPass Account Settings when using LastPass Extension in Brave Browser

Description of the issue: I have installed the LastPass Extension in Brave on Windows 10 and it works fine until I try to access something like the Account Settings. When I click on Account Settings, it is as though it tries to load the account settings, but nothing is shown and the page becomes unresponsive. I have to reload the page to get basic functionality back. I wondered whether it was because pop-ups were blocked, but I have now allowed them on the extension and nothing has changed.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): Only “My LastPass Vault” screen displayed, but it is unresponsive until reloaded

Expected result: Account Settings pop-up is displayed over “My LastPass Vault” screen

Reproduces how often: All the time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 64-bit operating system
Brave Version 1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: None

1 Like

Hello there @Dangthrimble, please accept my apologies for this issue. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Let me know if that works.

Hi @Kevin_cc, I have done as you requested, but that doesn’t seem to have helped, even after relaunching Brave.

1 Like

@Dangthrimble Try to clear your cookies and site settings. Might just be an issue there.

If that doesn’t resolve, try to turn off Shields and test. It will help confirm whether that’s a non-issue.

From what research I did, most said it was a cookie issue. Couple said somehow removing and adding the extension again resolved (though not sure I understand why). In any case, I’ll leave you with that for now.

Btw, is this only happening when you go via your extension or does it happen even if you manually navigate to the site?

@ Saoiray

This only happens on the extension. The site works fine.

Shields are already down for the extension.

Cleared cookies and other site data for all time: didn’t work.

Removed the extension, restarted Brave then reinstalled the extension: Still didn’t work!

@Dangthrimble does the extension work if you check the account settings on a different chromium based Browser such as Chrome?

@Kevin_cc, the extension works fine on Chrome and Edge.

1 Like

I also tried disabling all other extensions and restarting Brave, but that also didn’t help

1 Like

Hi again @Dangthrimble, please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persists on those versions.

Be waiting for your response.

The extension works correctly in the Beta version.

One separate point: when I followed the links to download the Beta and Nightly versions of Brave, I clicked on the “Download Brave” button and just got vanilla Brave each time. It was only when I clicked on the " Downloads of this version of Brave are available for Windows 64-bit" link (or the equivalent for the Nightly build) that I got the correct builds. Haven’t tried the Nightly build yet.

1 Like

I have real problems downloading Brave extensions over my Internet connection - they generally fail - but I finally got Brave Nightly to tell me it was adding LastPass, twice, and each time there was no sign of LastPass being added as an extension.

With the Beta version, LastPass was already there; with the Nightly version I had Adobe Acrobat, Application Launcher for Drive, Avast Online Security and Privacy, and Avast SafePrice.

1 Like

Finally got LastPass installed on the Nightly build and it works correctly, just like the Beta version.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. If the extension works perfectly on those versions, I kindly recommend you wait until the release version updates to the version Brave beta currently has, as it seems whatever was causing the issue has been already fixed on the upcoming update.

If you have other concerns, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.