Can't verify and authorize the wallet, can't connect Brave to Uphold

Briefly describe your issue:
Yesterday I completed the ID/Selfie verification on Uphold. I did this with the QR code on my PC and uploaded the photos with my phone. Everything worked and after the photos were successfully checked, it told me to close the browser on my phone and continue on the browser on my PC. But nothing happened. When I checked my Uphold account, the notice prompt on the Uphold dashboard that told me to verify my ID is gone, but I didn’t get a confirmation on Uphold or via mail. Previously on my profile page on Uphold it told me that I’m not verified and I should verify my ID, but now it’s not there anymore, so I assume the verification is complete and worked. But when I go to the Brave Reward page brave://rewards/ and click on the “Verify Wallet” and try to authorize I get this Error message on Brave: “Error: you need a verified wallet to log in. Please try again after you have completed ID verification on Uphold.”

I contacted the Uphold support and described them exactly this and they gave me some troubleshooting steps like clearing cookies, log out and back in, disabling “Brave Shields” and so on, wich I all tried, but nothing helped and then they send me here.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.434) and Brave Version 1.35.100 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no

What date did you verify your wallet?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes, Germany

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
yes

2 Likes

Please check your Uphold account is actually verified or not!
Because currently, many people face problems in Verify their identity in uphold so Check once is that verified or not

for check go to Profile and you can see a date of verification like shown in the Screenshot below

1 Like

Yep thank u, I actually don’t have a Verified date on my profile page, despite the Uphold support saying that everything is set and fine on their end for the connection between Brave and my Uphold wallet. Gonna check back with the Uphold support and see if anything went wrong with my ID verification and then gonna report back here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, if you face any problem just report here back
see you

So now I had a different support person from Uphold look at it again and they told me that I was missing some of my full address information, wich is required for verification, but I didn’t have any warning or some notice promt anywhere on the Uphold dashboard that I was missing some information in order to get fully verified. But now after adding the missing information, my wallet is verified and authorized. Finally!

BUT now I’m having another issue. :see_no_evil:
As soon as my wallet was successfully verified and Brave and Uphold were connected, my whole BAT balance is gone. And my Uphold wallet is empty too, so it didn’t went into my wallet neither. I mean it wasn’t that much, but now I’m wondering why my BAT got purged. :sweat_smile:

BATvanished

1 Like

Don’t worry You’ll receive your BAT in the next few days So wait until 9th
Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.