Can't use Mac Shortcuts for copying text from Gmail without it pasting a URL instead

Description of the issue:

I suddenly have had an issue come up when copying text from gmail and pasting to another app, browser, etc.

I used to be able to press cmd + c → cmd + v / cmd + shift+ v and it would copy just the text.

Now, it will only paste the gmail web link no matter what i shortcut, unless i highlight the email text, left click, manually press copy, and then paste. This counts for any attachments in emails as well

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Go to gmail.
  2. Select/highlight text in an email or attachment to an email
  3. Press command key + c
  4. Press command key + v or command key + shift + v in a different desktop app, browser tab, etc.
  5. You will see that it only pastes the url to the gmail webpage you copied the text from.
  6. If you manually left-click and click “copy”, it pastes plain text just fine.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
You can see in this gif that when i use the shortcut, it posts the url. When i left-click “copy” it posts the text.

VideoBug

Expected result:
I want to have the command + c and command + v shortcut paste plain text when copying from gmail.

Reproduces how often:
Every time i try copying from gmail with shortcuts.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:

1 Like

same issue…following

and now…without any changes on my part…issue disappears :thinking:

I also stopped having the issue the day after I posted this, with no change on my part. Hoping this helped them figure out the issue and fix it

+1 here, been having this issue since 2 days ago. Hoping my “+1” also gets this bug to magically disappear :slight_smile:

Same issue here, don’t know what to do

I’m having the same issue. and it is really iritating to have my command c stop working as I use this all the time… Please fix ASAP!

Still having the issue. Following.

I am now having this issue… It’s really interfering with my work. see our community guidelines Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (arm64)

I think Version 1.49.132 Chromium: 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (x86_64) solved this finally.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.