Cant use Brave app due to white screen

@Kiansh Did you have Brave installed on a different device apart from your iPad? If you do you can select the bookmarks from that device and export them so you can have it on your iPad if you decide to reinstall the app.

1. While in Brave tap on the 3 dot menu (this will open a small window showing additional options)
  2. Select bookmarks (this will take you to your bookmark manager)
  3. Click on the share icon – note that you must be at root level (the screen in this step) in order for the Share button to appear.
  4. Select Import or Export

Let me know if that works.

Hi Kevin, yes I have Brave on my desktop but the bookmarks are different, not synced. All of my study and purchases, biz courses etc are bookmarked on this iPad - two years worth. I have to restore, no option.

1 Like

Brave Version 1.44.1

iPhone XS Max
Model no NT6J2LL/A

1 Like

Brave Version 1.44.1

iPhone XS Max
Model no NT6J2LL/A

I tried to import my bookmarks from my iPhone to my PC…but no choice is given.

Went to the App Store to check for an update and 1.45 is the most recent. I clicked on some kind of an update that showed in the app. But when “Open” appeared, it still takes me to a white screen .

1 Like

@Kiansh Just wondering if you have Low power mode enabled on your iPad, could you please try disabling it if you have it enabled? To turn Low Power Mode off, go to Settings > Battery.

You can also turn Low Power Mode on and off from Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then select Low Power Mode to add it to Control Center.

Let me know if that works.

@VeeS could you please try disabling low power mode on your iPhone to see if this solves the issue?

Be waiting for your response.

Low power mode was already off. (Went via battery)

No… I’m in full power mode, always.

This is going to sound very strange but can you both try putting your device on airplane mode and/or turning the wifi off, then launching the browser and tell me if you get the same white screen or if anything appears?

I just tried what you suggested. When I clicked on the Brave icon to open it, just for brief moment I saw a small black airplane icon in the upper right corner on the white screen. It disappeared as quickly as I saw it.

This all happened on the white screen. What remained was the white screen, no change there.

Unfortunately no success. Same white screen. Tried just clicking app, new tab and new private tab.

Kevin is there anyone else who may be able to help? My whole work and study life is impacted.

not sure but @michal any help you can provide ?
Tagging you since you’re ios dev…

1 Like

Hi https://community.brave.com/u/michal - hoping you can assist or advise where I may be able to get some help? I’m unable to access Brave which hold all of my bookmarks (2 yrs of work). Thnx

We’ve opened an issue to track as we’re seeing more reports of users seeing this same behavior:

Hope to have a fix for you soon.

2 Likes

Thank you big time! :pray:

1 Like

Thank you, Matches! Looking forward getting my app working again (as well hoping all my saved pages will be there and not lost).

1 Like

:tada: Woohoo, you did it​:bangbang: FIXED! App restored, bookmarks restored. Love your work!

Tried app just now, had whiteout screen but this time it didn’t close the app. Took around 5-6 minutes and my tabs opened. All of my bookmarks are present.

:heart:THANK YOU :heart:

I’ll learn to back up my bookmarks in case this happens again. I wish I had taken a screenshot, but what I noticed before access was lost and again before app was restored, was the battery symbol at top right of screen - it was unusual, not a genuine battery power read - was smaller in size and no %power, just the small symbol.

1 Like

‘bangbang’? This was a red double exclamation mark…