Can't turn on ads in settings

Hello everybody !

Kind of a peculiar problem, even though the ads setting was turned on, I hadn’t received any ads for the past week or so. So I decided to turn the setting off and on, but wasn’t able to turn it back on.

I have tried to turn the setting back on a couple of times, but the setting goes off directly. Tried to shut brave down a couple of times, nothing. Even tried to uninstall the browser and reinstall it, but still nothing. (Also, no idea why I haven’t received ads for the past week or so, even though the setting was on and the notifications in windows settings was turned on too.)

FIY, i’m using brave desktop version, on a windows 10 pro computer.

Thanks for the help.

Edit : still having the problem after 4 days.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I turned off brave adds by clicking the button and pressed it immediatly to turn back on but the Brave Adds button stays OFF!

I have exactly the same problem.

Version 1.29.81 Chromium: 93.0.4577.82 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am also having the same issue.

Only way I could fix this myself was by hard resetting brave. (deleting everything in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default)

But before you do this, this will fully reset your brave browser. Deleting all extensions, your wallet, settings etc.
This should only be the very last resort. Since it will delete all your data! If you have sync setup you will get everything back. EXCEPT your wallet. you will get a brand new empty wallet. And this wallet will count as a new device.

For me this problem was caused by Brave somehow deleting my wallet payment ID. You can check here brave://rewards-internals/
I would only advise to do it this way if you do not have anything under here : https://i.imgur.com/HyC1Xtp.png

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.