Can't turn off auto-contribute BAT settings

Thanks @armudd89. You mentioned that you still ended up with 0 BAT. Was your BAT from Ads / grants / tips / referrals? Do you see a transaction where it was sent via Auto-contribute?

We’ve tested on our end and have been unable to reproduce:

1. install 1.2.43
2. enable rewards
3. disable AC
4. update to 1.8.86

--> AC still disabled

1. install 1.3.118
2. enable rewards
3. disable AC
4. update to 1.8.86

--> AC still disabled

1. install 1.7.98
2. enable rewards
3. disable AC
4. update to 1.8.86

--> AC still disabled
1 Like

I usually just click on the add to get the BAT. Here is my transaction history for April.

Now obviously you will have to take my word for it, but I did have a balance in April.

Thanks @armudd89 - Can you DM me your Rewards Internals which can be found here - brave://rewards-internals/.

steeven I have this problem too You may not be able to reproduce it but its their and legitimate. I made sure to turn off auto contribute from the start because I really hate “automatic payments” auto updates and other opt out forced things. many times I noticed it turned back on but now it’s predictably drained my 5.8 bat I was not that attached, but theft is theft. I installed brave like 2 months ago and I have not updated it, that i know of… I feel updating in general only leads to problems I try to avoid it and disable as much as I can. the auto contribute is fine for the people that want it, but it needs to be really hard to enable with lots of warnings and set amounts no more then x no more then y times, and you should not have to turn on auto contribute to look at what sites are going to getting the attention. I know “but then people will not enable it and the artist will starve and the bat will just sit on peoples computer.” yes that will lower the supply and raise the price of the BAT for the people do give to the “artist”. but what it really will mean is the BAT will have more market swings as hordes of the BAT realize their bat is worth something dump it on the market on mass and trigger a crash. that’s market forces, the more you try to rig the game the more people louse faith in the currency. think about why people like Cryptos and “tokens” it really comes down to they were up set with the way the old game was played. so you know I am not from another browser: chrome cycle steals, fire fox pretends to be what the alt browsers are but they are not at all, Safari is part of apple that uses actual slave labor and organ harvesting. whatever MS has installed for you automaticly is just more spying and control and just like google need their monopoly broken up. everything else is too small to mention and will be pushed out by the big boys one way or another-> I noticed when I turned on the auto con (after it was drained) to see what sites a video on youtube got 92% of the attention and brave got 8%. hey youtube is owned by chrome, they’re all in the same alphabet soup right? and it’s not even a youtube channel I would want to contribute to “the Caspian report” that does not have “algorithm” problems. anyway hope this helps in some way at least a rethinking about they way auto contribute should be set up with safe guards, pretend it’s real money and it might just become it.

Hi @AlexanderLife - thanks for taking the time to write in. Can you send me your Rewards Internals when you have a moment? Thanks in advance.

My Auto-contribute function has debited out of my Uphold wallet also. Please could I get some assistance @steeven .

Hi @mohammedzafeer - please DM your Rewards Internals. Thanks.

Hi @steeven,
I hope you’re doing well. Today I notice that I also facing same issue. I have send emails to both refund and support+publishers, but I got reply from both saying closed or not active.
Can you please advise on how I should proceed?
Thank you.

Hi @hawbir - please DM me your Rewards Internals. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.