Can't turn off auto-contribute BAT settings

Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve triple checked that my auto-contribute is disabled, but for the last couple months my brave browser continues to auto-contribute… today I saw that all the BAT I had collected from ads is now gone…what I had was probably close to $30 or $40 4-6 weeks ago. Now it’s all gone.

Today I saw the message: “Your scheduled monthly payment for Auto-Contribute and monthly tips could not be completed due to insufficient funds. We’ll try again in 30 days.”

I checked again - it’s still toggled off. Anyone else had this happen??

1 Like

@golddrummer,
Were the sites you contributed to present in the AC table before you toggled the feature off?

Thanks for the response… not sure what the AC table is or how to check that.

Auto-contribute table:

I wonder if this is related to the same thing I recently posted about:
BAT disappearing fast, with no record of where it went or how much more will be consumed.

Thanks, ok the AC table I understand now. To be honest I’m not sure… but either way when it’s turned off then it should stop, right?

just took a look… not sure, since for me when I finally noticed I was auto contributing to all of these sites even though I didn’t intend to, I still did have a record of all the sites I “contributed” to.

1 Like

I have the same issue, I’ve posted something before I could see this. There’s definitely a bug going on. I have never allowed autocontribute or any websites and all my BATs have gone. So glad I didn’t transfer my actual holdings in BAT into the Browser. Was still suspicious, rightly so.

2 Likes

After my BAT disappeared the first time I discovered that Brave had set me to ‘auto-contribute’. (first act of bad faith) I turned that off and then was informed I needed to create an Uphold account to hold the BAT. Today the message came that Brave Co. accessed my Uphold account and cleaned it out.

Perhaps there is another hidden “auto-contribute” switch hiding somewhere for this to be done ‘legally’?

This is very bad acting. My enthusiasm for the Brave project is gone. I will now be warning people about Brave rather than recommending it.

2 Likes

Same here, I only earned 2BAT but it said I auto contributed them, but I have never enabled this and the list box is empty. Is it because I didn’t create a wallet?

1 Like

Can anyone post a link here to direct to the Auto-contribute TURN OFF site?
I can’t really find it.
Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve used the browser for two months. Auto-contribute is turned off but the browser still keeps taking everything it can out of Uphold. The nav bar still contains the red triangle which screams “Your scheduled monthly payment for Auto-Contribute and monthly tips could not be completed due to insufficient funds”.

On Brave.com clicking the rewards triangle brings up a dialog that has contribution amount set for Brave Publishing. There is a button mostly hidden under a bar containing a sad face emoticon, with more whining “Not enough tokens please add funds”.

So as a new user, I get told “insufficient funds”, “please add funds”. I have the carrot of earning funds, but then on the payout date, they all disappear and the whiney, needy messages remain in the browser.

The solution is to make auto-contribute -> off , actually mean off. Not have hidden auto-contribute stuff set by default when the browser is installed, and then made extremely difficult (or impossible) to turn off.

1 Like

I am very frustrated I have been using brave for several months have always had auto contribute off, I have viewed more ads than I can count and all my bat keeps disappearing. I currently have 0 bat and have a notification that the bat that is supposed to drop in a few days will be auto contributed. I checked the auto contribute and it was on again. I have turned it off again but I have no clue why it keeps turning on and why I again have zero bat.

I’m having the same problem. Last month for no reason I auto-contributed from my uphold account when I had thought I had set it to off a while ago. When I check it was switched on. I switched it off again but yet again this month I auto-contributed and again the switch was turned on. I know I turned it off last month after sending an email to Uphold to complain. This is getting on my nerves and needs to stop.

My name le văn dương.

Same issue here. My auto-contribution is turned off. Still end up with 0 BAT. I’m a little aggravated that nobody seems to be responding about this issue.

Hi @armudd89 - what Brave version are you on?

1 Like

Brave is up to date

Version 1.8.86 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks @armudd89 - did you upgrade from Version 1.7.98 Chromium: 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)?

I’m sure I did at some point but I haven’t upgraded since I put this post up yesterday.