Can't tip my BAT

Description of the issue:

Whenever I try to tip my BAT, to any creator, it goes through every animation but no BAT ever leaves my virtual wallet. (Not synced to Uphold.)

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Download Brave on Linux. Try tipping three months worth of BAT to your favorite non-profits. (EFF, Archive.org and Tor.) And see no BAT ever leave your wallet.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Nothing abnormal happens visually.

Expected result:

My BAT to go to one of those three great options listed above.

Reproduces how often:

I didn’t want to bother you, so I kept trying for three months now. Updating Brave all the while but now I thought I’d ask for support. BAT means very little to me if I can’t use it to support causes and people.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

The past three months has been the same OS (Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS x86_64) and many different Brave Browser versions. Currently, at the time of writing, it’s;
Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131

Additional Information:

I have both Brave Browser and Brave Nightly. Nightly has been able to tip for the past three months while Brave (normal or stable) has not. Thanks for any help you can give :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting @Lawrence-Dinis, can you share a screenshot of your rewards panel?

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is what you wanted or not. I heard Brave team ask people for some rewards internal codes and stats. Should I try pulling that up too? Or is that sensitive to just share openly online?

I thought to set up monthly contributions as a way to hopefully work around this bug and get my BAT to the causes I wanted but those don’t go through either.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.