Can't sync my android to pc, always get error message "Sync could not be setup [Failed to fetch]"

Description of the issue:
Greetings, my brave browser won’t allow me to sync my android device to my pc, I have followed all steps from your sync tutorial in the brave help center but I still always get the exact same message “Sync could not be setup [Failed to fetch]”. This happens whether I try to sync from my phone to my pc or from my pc to my phone, and happens regardless of whether I use the QR method or the sync code method. I really need to sync these 2 devices so I would greatly appreciate a solution to this issue.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. On my android device, I go to sync in settings
  2. “scan or enter sync code”
  3. Scan the code displaying in my pc, I get the error message, try using sync code and I still get the same error message.
    If I select “start a new sync chain” from my phone and choose one of the 2 options, I am kicked out of that menu and get the same error message, this happens regardless of which method I try to aim for. This means I cannot use the code from phone to pc because it constantly crashes and shows that error message. Trying to

Reproduces how often:

Every single time, regardless of which method I try to use

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Android: Brave 1.5.2
PC: Latest version, I installed it just now from the official website

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Phone: Huawei P10 Lite
PC: Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-bit)

Additional Information:
None

Thank you very much for your attention and I am hoping to find a solution to this

Hello,
I had same issue. Try updating Brave with Google Playstore. It worked for me. Good luck :slight_smile::laughing:

I navigate settings sync on my brave mobile app but there is no “scan option” for syncing qr code