Can't switch between accounts in YouTube

Description of the issue: I am not able to switch between accounts in YouTube. This started today only. Tried removing cache and cookies but still having the same issue. I tried logging out all the accounts and relogin with single account it worked but as soon as I logged in with second account the top right corner icon just stopped working if I click on it nothing happens.

I tried the same method with other browsers and it is working.

What should I do in order to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Brave Version:
Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

The same issue as YouTube notification, 3dot icon save to and user login not working.

Until @fanboynz commits a fix, disabling trackers & ads blocking of Brave Shields is the workaround.

Same, it just started a couple of hours ago for me;

I’ve noticed that BRAVE SHIELDS has an effect on this;

Aggressive and Standard Trackers & Ad Block causes the buttons to stop working on youtube.com

They’re only enabled again once the Brave Shield is set to OFF for Trackers & Ad Blocking.

So you found solution for it?

Not a solution exactly, but as @Rethanis said; you can turn off the Brave Shield for Trackers & Ad Blocking for youtube.com to re-enable the buttons until the browser is fixed with an update due to changes from Youtube.

1 Like

Ok but will need to compulsorily watch 2 ads at the start of every video. : (

Have rolled out a fix, give 24hrs. Apologies. Was trying to fix youtubeTV popup not to relise the same windowID is used for this.

3 Likes

No problem will wait for the fix.

1 Like

As a interium fix just add youtube.com#@#.ytd-popup-container into brave://adblock actual fix will roll out within 24hrs. Apologies!

2 Likes

You can use an extension like uBlock Origin, in the meantime to remove ads and other unwanted content from videos and sites including youtube. @Armagaddeon

1 Like

@fanboynz

Apologies, an extra refresh worked out. Thank you for the solution!

1 Like

@MrZeffy I know there are lots of ad blockers available but I enjoy brave the most.

1 Like

And How do you do that? I went to Brave://adblock and in the custom filters area thing I put youtube.com#@#.ytd-popup-container and nothing changed I still cant click any of the buttons.

I had the same issue as you initially, but then a refresh of YouTube resolved it. You can as well try closing YouTube → adding the custom filter → back to YouTube.

Note to self: “youtube.com#@#.ytd-popup-container” is an Exception Rule - see:

https://help.eyeo.com/en/adblockplus/how-to-write-filters#elemhide_exceptions

There, scroll down to Content Filters > . . . > Exception Rules

PS. Old Adblock link: “https://adblockplus.org/filters” now redirects to:

https://help.eyeo.com/en/adblockplus/how-to-write-filters

Hmmm, I dont know about this one… I works fine in my brave browser.

I can reproduce the issue in all Stable, Beta, and Nightly versions of Brave, in clean user profiles (no third-party extensions, empty browsing data).

The thing is, I’m no longer sure what the actual issue is. I found out I can use the buttons in YouTube after a few refreshes, which is exactly the same behavior as when using the custom filter provided by @fanboynz.

In brave://components/ Update “Brave Ad Block Updater” too Version: 1.0.1030, then refresh the page

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.