Can't stop vertical scrolling

Using Windows 10, visiting Twitter, can’t stop vertical scrolling if holding down mouse for more than 1 second. All started after the recent update.

Same thing happening to both my wife and myself and only started a day or so ago after one of the latest updates, seems to happen on all sites. It is defiantly only happening in the Brave browser only, hope this issue can be fixed as this is the only browser I use and everything else is awesome.

Hi, yes, it is happening all sites. I agree I love this browser, but this glitch is very annoying.

Same thing is happening this morning; just after newest Brave update. It is like my browser is possessed!!! Please, please fix! Thanks so much!

Hi @Jamesiebabie, @Freedom-is-a-right, and @Mavoran

Could you all please post your Brave and OS versions? Also, are you using a trackpad, mouse with scroll wheel, etc?

Thanks,
Lauren

Here’s mine:

Brave 0.21.24
V8 6.5.254.36
rev 19c78a1
Muon 4.9.3
OS Release 6.1.7601
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0

Trackpad

Hope this helps…

Oh, yeah, Windows 7 Professional

If you are seeing continuos scroll when using two finger swipe on trackpad, its a known issue on Windows. There is an issue logged for this https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/3669

@Jamesiebabie @Freedom-is-a-right do you guys also use trackpad for scrolling?

I’m operating Windows 10 with Brave app-0.21.24.

Not sure how to find out which version, but only started happening with the latest update.

I do not have the issue when using Chrome on the same laptop, so it can only be down to Brave and the latest update.

Many thanks

Subsequent to v0.21.19, I’ve encountered an undocumented change / degradation in how the cursor and scrollbar(s) interact. NOTE: this applies to both vertical and horizontal scrolling. Pages scroll randomly when I reposition the cursor. Further, scrollbars randomly move so mousing over them is difficult or impossible.

The scrollbar(s) change appearance: light when (rarely) the cursor and scrollbar interaction is normal; and dark when there’s some random link between the cursor and scrollbar(s).

I’m using W-7(64-bit) with a Logitech HID-compliant Marble Mouse connected to a USB port.

I was unaware of this behavior in v0.21.19 and earlier. This is yet another example of why some users want to control whether / when updates are installed and be able to revert to earlier versions.

Me too! Want to keep using Brave but it seems whenever they update, crap happens. I really really don’t want to go back to Chrome! Too many ads, and Google censors free speech anyway.

System–Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, use mouse, Toshiba (Logitech I think made it or software) using a USB port, hate the tablet dealie. No other browser does the scrolling nonsense!

Problem is definitely related to changes incorporated into the 21.24 load. Fell back to 21.18 and the problem went away.

Look at TMEdgar’s response; I wish I knew how to roll back to the previous version; this issue is really annoying. I’m starting to have to use Chrome again until this issue is fixed. There is no issue with Chrome.

I also get the crazy scrolls after the lastest update (March 20th 2018), I want to keep using this browser but it is currently unusable. trackpad, windows 10, lenovo laptop.lenovoproperties|690x387

for me it wasn’t happening when I initially started using Brave, only after the most recent update (march 21, 2018). Windows 10, lenovo laptop, trackpad.

(this community won’t let me upload screenshots of my laptop or Brave properties and I can’t cut/paste the text.)

pretty easy actually. go to brave.com and download the 32 or 64 bit setup.exe file. then rerun on your computer. it will load right over the top of 21.24. i downloaded 21.18 a couple days ago. one thing to note is the update to 21.24 happens pretty quick but doesn’t take hold until you reset the browser. hopefully brave has this fixed soon. keep the setup.exe handy on your desktop in case you need to rerun.

I’m seeing this intermittently (but not consistently) in 0.21.24. I’m using a RollerMouse Pro as my pointing device

Brave: 0.21.24
V8: 6.5.254.36
rev: 19c78a1624118e344852c4c0f44c0d45be841b5f
Muon: 4.9.3
OS Release: 10.0.16299
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 65.0.3325.162

Hello All,

We have logged an issue for this, you can track the progress here:

Thanks for reporting,
Lauren

I am having the exact same problem. I can stop it if I switch to touch screen (scroll the opposite way with my fingers) but otherwise it just continues scrolling. I didn’t relate it to the update, but the timing is right (end of last week?)