Can't sign into banks

I decided it was time to delete cookies, cash, and browsing history for all time. Now I’m having trouble going to bank websites and getting signed in again. It’s always been a problem trying to figure out the settings. It’s never been clear what to do with motion sensors or with fingerprinting for example, when it comes to bank websites.

I have tried turning Shields off, JavaScript on, all cookies on, all fingerprinting on, motion sensors on, basically trying to be as liberal as possible with the brave browser and still can’t get signed into any of the different websites I want to sign into.

Do you want motion sensors on for a bank?

Do you want all fingerprinting on for a bank?

Are these actually security protections at such websites?

I have Windows 10 and latest Brave.

2 cents: Leave Shields UP in general.

For specific website(s), adjust selections:

Brave_Shields

to what you will.

You deleted cookies, and then no luck; so, you know that you need to allow cookies for the website(s) in question.

JavaScript: Enabled for the website(s) in question, most likely yes.

Some websites have Trackers and Advertisements tied into the sequence of webpages and pop-ups they display — meaning: stumping a Tracker or Ad might also stall/thwart the display of the next window or pop-up that you were expecting.

Fingerprint: Standard instead of Strict

And “Clear host cache” button at

brave://net-internals/#dns

may help.

Take a look at

brave://settings/content

Site and Shields Settings > Content > Cookies and site data > Third-party cookies are blocked

Take a look at

brave://settings/privacy

Privacy and security > Clear browsing data - Clear history, cookies, cache, and more

for all three functions:

• Basic (manual clearing)
  • Advanced (manual clearing)
  • On exit (clearing on exit/quitting the browser)
1 Like

Once you get signed in with shields down, can you then put shields up?

Which banks specifically? With default shields we have tested a few, well some.

Is just the user and/or password not working?

Thank you. Could you explain what the means. Does that mean yes it works or no it doesn’t work? Could you explain the entire graphic in simple terms? Thanks you very much. It’s frustrating for the user of Brave Browser to not understand how to be secure.

The checkmarks just means is site was checked/validated in these Browsers, doesn’t mean unchecked doesn’t work.

Do you want motion sensors on for a bank? No there not necessary . But if you are a employee of bank to you might required .

Do you want all fingerprinting on for a bank? No there not necessary . But if you are a employee of bank to you might required .

Are these actually security protections at such websites? No.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.