Can't sign in to Bing

Description of the issue
-Can’t sign in to Bing on Brave Browser (works on other browsers). It loops back to the main page and eventually gives an error saying too many sign-in attempts.

Exact URL of the website in question
-www.bing.com

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)
-y

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
-y

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
-n

Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
-y

What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the About Brave page in the main menu)
-Version 0.66.100 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I could reproduce your issue. I think the reason is this:
If you login to bing.com you are being redirected to login.live.com, which will give you your “login-cookie”. But because the domain names are not the same, it is treated as a 3rd-party cookie and will be blocked.
This solution worked for me:

1. Go to chrome://settings/content/all
  2. Use the search field to search for live.com
  3. Next to that entry, click the three dots and select “Clear data”.
  4. Go to bing.com
  5. In the shield settings, select to allow all cookies.
  6. Click “Sign In”
  7. On the login window, go into the shield settings again and allow all cookies.
  8. You should be able to login now.

Does this work for you?

@Medjan,
Great troubleshooting, again. I think something must have changed in recent updates, because this exact set of steps used to work, then stopped working for quite some time, but now works again. I was able to login to Bing using the steps you noted above – it’s important to highlight set 7 above:

:point_up: Setting cookies to Allow all on Bing.com will not persist to the login page – users will have to change the cookie setting once again on the sign-in page. After that, authentication should resume as intended.

1 Like

This got me further into the sign-in process, however, it still does not sign me in fully. I am returned to the bing homepage with an option to “sign in.” :frowning:

NEVER MIND THIS WORKED!!! Thanks so much for your help! Always great customer service.

1 Like